What's new

LOST - Complete Sixth Season: Best Buy Bonus Disc is the one from the Complete Collection! (YMMV) (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I've just got back from buying Lost Season 6 (blu-ray) at Best Buy. This comes with an extra slipcover that contains a bonus disc.

As has been noted by other folks, the bonus disc that came with my blu-ray set was actually a DVD that seems to be the extra disc from the Complete Collection. It does not have the Best Buy exclusive features listed on the back of the Best Buy slip, but rather contains...

Letting Go

Artifacts of the Island

Planet Lost

Swan Song

Lost on Location

Lost Slapdowns

Deleted Scenes

More from the Series

A clickable "Ankh" symbol that takes you to a 5min piece on Senet

Interestingly enough, the disc itself has written on it Lost Season 6 Exclusive Bonus Disc.

If this was the bonus disc from the Complete Collection, surely it wouldn't have "Season 6" written on it?

I wonder if Best Buy's bonus disc changed at the last minute.

Anyone who bought this at Best Buy actually get a bonus disc that matches the contents on the back of the exclusive slipcover?

Also, anyone with the DVD version of the complete collection to hand, can you confirm the contents against this Best Buy version?

The series is over, but the mysteries remain...

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Whoops, I guess I should have posted this in the TV on DVD & Blu-ray board. Mods, feel free to move! Cheers! :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Blu-ray season set and got the series set bonus disc too. I called my buddy, who picked up the DVD set, and had him check his disc and he got the correct S6 bonus disc. Maybe it's just the Blu-ray sets that have the lucky error?

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Originally Posted by TravisR

I picked up the Blu-ray season set and got the series set bonus disc too. I called my buddy, who picked up the DVD set, and had him check his disc and he got the correct S6 bonus disc. Maybe it's just the Blu-ray sets that have the lucky error?

Oh boy!

We know from the unboxing videos online that the bonus disc in the Complete Collection set has a nice pattern on it. The DVD with all the bonus content that comes with the BB blu-ray is a plain jane grey DVD that says its series six bonus - so its not just a matter of mistakingly putting the Complete Collection DVD into BB's set. These discs seem to have been pressed up separately.

Travis, if your friend's disc is plain grey, and has the correct contents, then two bonus discs were pressed, one with the wrong contents, which is in the BB blu-ray.

Now my head hurts.

hawaii

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
Aloha! This news has definitely sparked interest among "LOST" fans. I've cited this thread in a blog post about it. My question is, does anyone have the content list from the Best Buy exclusive disc from the regular DVD set of Season Six? You know, the bonus disc that people aren't excited about? Mahalo!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams  

Travis, if your friend's disc is plain grey, and has the correct contents, then two bonus discs were pressed, one with the wrong contents, which is in the BB blu-ray.

I just went over there and looked at his disc. Besides the manufacturing info (or whatever you call the numbers on the back of the disc near the center of the disc) being different, the only other difference is that the gray label on the bonus disc from the Blu-ray set has a slightly textured feel and the DVD is smooth but I wouldn't use that as any definitive way of determining which is which. All the other wording, copyright info, etc. is all the same.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moved this thread to the TV on DVD & Blu-ray Forum.

I love a good mystery as much as the next guy!

And, Ryan: Welcome to the forum!
imgrepo
Aloha!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by hawaii

My question is, does anyone have the content list from the Best Buy exclusive disc from the regular DVD set of Season Six?

There's 5 short featurettes called:

Chicken Heaven

Sayid Vs. Dogen

Lost Live: The Final Concert

Lost On Location: Sundown
Lost On Location: Dr. Linus

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Your friend says he got the correct disc, but by "checking" does that mean he just read the cardboard sleeve, or did he actually put the disc in a DVD player? Because the cardboard sleeve isn't enough to rely on. The actual disc needs to be popped in.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Although I'd like to see the Mr. Clucks extra, I am pleased by this screw up. The only way it would have been better would have been if the bonus disc had been a BluRay disc instead of an olde fashioned DVD.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
[COLOR= #303030]I just got home from Best Buy, where I got the Blu-ray version of LOST Season 6 – and then discovered this thread. So, I played the Bonus Disc first. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Sure enough, I got the content listed below INSTEAD of the Best Buy LISTED Bonus Content. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Does this mean that the BRs get the Complete Series Bonus Disc, and the standard DVDs got the advertised Best Buy content? If so, I think I got the better of the deal! [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]However, it can’t be a Blu-ray, because I just popped it into my computer and started playing it through Windows Media Center. That’s still okay with me. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]This is the content of the Best Buy Bonus Disc I got with my Blu-ray set: [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Letting Go[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Artifacts of the Island[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Planet Lost[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Swan Song[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Lost on Location[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Lost Slapdowns[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]Deleted Scenes[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #303030]More from the Series[/COLOR]

Christopher D

Second Unit
I can also confirm receiving a DVD bonus disc from Best Buy (with the Blu Ray) that has the contents of the Complete Series extra disc.

First time I've ever seen one of these errors work in the buyer's favor. Same price as the Blu Ray from Amazon, too.

Now *that's* a bonus.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Originally Posted by hawaii about it. My question is, does anyone have the content list from the Best Buy exclusive disc from the regular DVD set of Season Six? You know, the bonus disc that people aren't excited about? Mahalo!

Aloha, Ryan! Thanks for spreading the news. I wanted to get it out there pretty quick as I thought a lot of folk would definitely be in for the "secret" BB bonus disc if they knew about it!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Wow! This thread explains a lot! I mentioned to my wife last night as we settled in to watch the BB bonus disc how surprised I was that it actually had meaningful content on it for once. I told her these things usually run 10-20 minutes and contain "throw away" content. What a happy "screw up" this is for fans of the program. It sure takes some of the sting out of my double-dip DVD to BD purchases along the way.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Great avatar, pitchman!

I remember buying Generals & Majors as a double 7" in a gatefold sleeve on release. Yes, I'm that old. :)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams

Great avatar, pitchman!

I remember buying Generals & Majors as a double 7" in a gatefold sleeve on release. Yes, I'm that old. :)

Cool! My avatar is a scan of my copy of "Generals & Majors". I still have it, along with many other XTC picture sleeve 45's.

End of threadcrap and back to Lost... :)

JoeBond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Myers

There's 5 short featurettes called:

Chicken Heaven

Sayid Vs. Dogen

Lost Live: The Final Concert

Lost On Location: Sundown
Lost On Location: Dr. Linus
Interesting. I found two of them as easter eggs on the exclusive bonus disc on the complete collection. At least I think I did. As for the Season 6 Blu-ray including a DVD with the contents of the exclusive bonus disc on the complete collection which is true but the disc included with the Blu-ray version of the complete collection is a Blu-ray disc not a DVD since some of the footage is in 1080i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks