What's new

*** Official PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Trailer is up, looks excellent.

http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Apparently, Ubisoft thinks the movie is going to outperform Pirates of the Carribbean's success at the box office next year....he may have a case, judging by that trailer. This looks like it has all the same elements, action-adventure, comedy and then some (Jake Gyllenhaal gets me) and an awesome video game....

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Does it have a Jack Sparrow though? This guy seems to translate more with the Orlando Bloom character and the movie lacks the Sparrow. Just MHO

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I think Jake can hold his own on this movie... I don't even know that they need or even have a Sparrow-ish character. I do think they have a pretty good evil villain, esp with THE Sir Ben Kingsley playing him. I think it looks really good so far but I guess time and moviegoers taste will tell if it can replicate that success....

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks it could be good, but there is something really funny in listening to "Persians" with English accents. It's as jarring as watching "Valkyrie" where all the "Germans" were actually English. They can't find actors and actresses that have accentless voices?

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
More "authentic" than American accents, maybe? Who knows....Accents aside, I agree that it looks good. The Super Bowl trailer had lots of crazy action in it - so should be a pretty fun summer blockbuster, if anything!

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
It's been pretty standard procedure in Hollywood that when you have exotic types speaking English with British accents, that it's really supposed to be their native tongue. It's a way of differentiating them, but avoid subtitles...

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Abby_B

Just wanted to bump this thread - a lot of new stuff has come out about the film and it all looks like it'll be a pretty good action film, and hopefully one of the better video game adaptations!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20447
Thanks for the link, I missed the super bowl run of this. I think it looks pretty good. However some of the scenes remind me of the Mummy....... I will still see it though, just like I saw the Mummy..lol.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Sure - no worries! It's very in-the-desert-action-oriented, but hopefully it's better than The Mummy...at the very least, it'll be enjoyable to watch!

One of the reasons I'm excited to see the movie (aside from Jake) is Sir Ben Kingsley as the villain - just read a brief interview with him about the movie. Among the highlights: the movie is apparently very character-driven (surprising since its an action flick!) and he did a lot of his own stunts! Impressive.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Sir Ben was also the villian in another video game movie, BloodRayne. That was horrible, although that might be due to the Uwe-Boll-ness more than anything else.

I've also seen him do that "through the walls" gesture about thirty times in the theater, in previews for Shutter Island. He seems sorta shady in that too. Thank goodness that's finally being released.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" should be posted to the [COLOR= rgb(68,112,140)]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Llappin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leila
I usually think of rottentomatoes.com rating as how a movie is received but this time there seems to be a split between critics’ opinion of this movie and most of the viewers so far. Yahoo.com review lists 10 critics reviews with a C+ average and as of now 709 viewer review with A-. Has this happened before?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You're probably better off checking metacritic as the scores are more of an overall average of critics, versus RT's fresh/rotten percentage which is just an average of thumbs-up or down amongst the critics that get included in the RT rating.

Llappin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leila
Hello Patrick, Thanks for the information about metacritic.com site I am assuming that's what you mean by “metacritic”. It seems they are having the same sort of split. The viewer rating is 9/10 the critics’ rating is 48. which is probably 48/100. I am just curious if there’s been any other movie that had such a wide split between the viewer and critics. No matter I will be seeing the movie.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I have a question about the ending.

Didn't they say that opening the top of the Dagger while it was in the Sand Glass would unleash the epic sandstorm over the world? Why did it instead turn back time to a convenient place for our hero?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks