What's new

Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle - Season 4 is coming!! (1 Viewer)

That is good news! Hopefully season 5 will be released soon after that. My favorite story arc is Wassamotta U!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
"Now here's something you'll really like!"

Brilliant news, this. I'd all but given up hope and considered shopping for the remaining episodes on laserdisc.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I had totally given up on this. I am just wondering if 19 episodes is the total number for Season 4. Anybody know for sure?

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Yes. there were only 19 episodes during this season. Remember that's there's two shorts per episode.

Painting Theft
WOSSAMOTTA U is already out on DVD with the single "The Best of Rocky and Bullwinkle Volume 2"

Hopefully they'll also be including all the missing Fractured Fairytales, Mr. Peabodys, Aseop and Dudley Dorights. A complete Rocky and Bullwinkle and Three Stooges shorts collection by the end of 2010 would be nice.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^One can only hope for a completed Rocky & Bullwinkle this year!

At least we'll see the end for The Three Stooges shorts soon as "The Three Stooges Collection - Vol. 8 1955-1959" with the remaining shorts will be released June 1, 2010.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Can anyone say how much is this has already been released on the “Best of Rocky and Bullwinkle” and “Best of Boris and Natasha” short sets? In addition to “WOSSAMOTTA U”, I believe “Treasure of Monte Zoom” and “Goof Gas Attack” were also released. I’m really hoping for more Peabodys, Do-Rights, etc.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
There's only 5 Dudleys, 14 Peabodys left - same 19 missing of Fairytales and Fables. they can completes Season 4 without any repeats. Season 5 had 66 new Rocky and Bullwinkle segments, but all the stuff in between was repeats to create the 33 episodes

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for all the info, Joe. The only concern I have left is the 19 episodes on 2 discs.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Joe Tor1 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/for...es-bullwinkle-season-4-is-coming#post_3689115 Can anyone say how much is this has already been released on the “Best of Rocky and Bullwinkle” and “Best of Boris and Natasha” short sets? In addition to “WOSSAMOTTA U”, I believe “Treasure of Monte Zoom” and “Goof Gas Attack” were also released. I’m really hoping for more Peabodys, Do-Rights, etc.
Good question. Since I didn't know myself I did a bit of research. Here's what I found: Best of R&B V1: THE LAST ANGRY MOOSE - 4 chapters - S2 THE THREE MOOSKETEERS - 8 chapters - S3 THE GUNS OF ABALONE - 4 chapters - S4 Best of R&B V2: WOSSAMOTTA U - 12 chapters - S5 THE TREASURE OF MONTE ZOOM - 8 chapters - S4 GOOF GAS ATTACK - 8 chapters - S4 Best of Boris & Natasha: POTTSYLVANIA CREEPER - 6 chapters - S5 MOOSYLVANIA - 4 chapters - S5 MOOSYLVANIA SAVED - 4 chapters - S5 Best of Fractured Fairy Tales: Rapunzel - S1 The Brave Little Tailor - S1 Rumpelstiltskin - S1 Cinderella - S1 Snow White - S1 Pinocchio - S1 Cinderella Returns - S1 Ridinghoods Anonymous - S2 Sleeping Beauty - S2 The Ugly Duckling - S2 Rumpelstiltskin Returns - S2 Leaping Beauty - S2 The Enchanted Frog - S2 The Pied Piper - S2 The Magic Fish - S2 Best of Mr. Peabody & Sherman: Benjamin Franklin - S1 Pancho Villa - S2 Christopher Columbus - S2 Francisco Pisaro - S2 William Shakespeare - S2 Ferdinand Magellan - S2 Ludwig Von Beethoven - S3 Calamity Jane - S3 Jules Verne - S3 Lawrence of Arabia - S3 Jim Bowie - S3 Charge of the Light Brigade - S4 Wellington at Waterloo - S4 Florence Nightingale - S4 Cleopatra (the final Mr. Peabody cartoon produced) - S4 Best of Dudley Do-Right: Stokey the Bear - S1 The Masked Ginny Lynn - S1 Foreclosing mortgages - S2 Out of Uniform - S2 Lure of the Footlights - S2 Bullet-proof Suit - S2 Miracle Drug - S2 Elevenworth Prison - S2 Mother Whiplashe's Log Jam - S2 Faithful Dog - S3 Canadian Railway's Bridge - S3 Niagra Falls - S3 Marigolds - S3 Trading Places - S3 Matinee Idol - S4 New to DVD will be: R&B: Painting Theft - 6 chapters R&B: Banana Formula - 12 chapters Dudley Do-Right - 4 (5 total in S4) Mr. Peabody & Sherman - 12 (16 total in S4) Fractured Fairy Tales - 11 Aesop and Son - 5 There should be 2 supporting shorts in each episode and 1 left over if my math and research is correct. I'm thinking I missed one of the shorts in an earlier season as there are only 2 of the supporting shorts per episode in S1-S3. Here's the list of supporting shorts I show to be left and should be on the Season 4 set: Mr. Peabody & Sherman Peter Cooper Casanova Charge Of The Light Brigade The Royal Mounted Police The First Bullfight The Building Of The Great Pyramid James Aubudon Mata Hari Galileo Wellington At Waterloo Florence Nigtingale Henry The Eighth The First Indianapolis Auto Race Captain Kidd The Texas Rangers Cleopatra Fractured Fairy Tales Sweeping Beauty #1 Sweeping Beauty #2 Cutie And The Bird The Tale Of A King Peter And The Three Pennies The Wishing Hat Son Of Snow White Jack B. Nimble Potter's Luck The Magic Lichee Nut The King And The Witch The Seven Chickens Dudley Do-right of the Mounties Top Secret The Locket The Inspector's Nephew Matinee Idol Snidley Arrested Aesop and Son The Country Fog And The City Frog The Fox And The Rabbit The Fox And The Three Weasels The French Poodle And the Alley Cat The Frogs And The Beaver Which brings us to Season 5: 66 new Rocky & Bullwinkle segments were produced to be inserted into older shows, replacing the older Rocky & Bullwinkle segments to create 33 half hour shows re-using the existing supporting cartoons. Season 5 Rocky & Bullwinkle story arcs (** = on a "best of"): Bumbling Brothers Circus - 10 chapters Mucho Loma - 6 chapters Pottsylvania Creeper - 6 chapters ** Moosylvania - 4 chapters** The Ruby Yacht - 6 chapters Bullwinkle's Testimonial Dinner - 6 chapters The Weather Lady - 6 chapters Louse on 92nd Street - 6 chapters Wossamotta U - 12 chapters ** Moosylvania Saved - 4 chapters ** It's very possible that a Season 5 release could be only the R&B segments without being put into a show format considering no new supporting shorts were created. Even though it would mean repeats of the other shorts I'd rather have complete episodes rather than *just* the R&B segments. However, I'll gladly take what is provided if Season 5 is released.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
“Bob”/Howie: That’s great research and information! Thanks! I guess I’m glad I bought “The Best of R&B Volume Two” (Volume One had too much double dipping for me) and especially “The Best of Boris and Natasha” – just in case it takes another few years (if ever?) before we get Season Five! Do we actually know that we are getting the supporting shorts – or are we just getting the R&B chapters? The TSOD piece doesn’t make that clear. One more question, as I’m nowhere near as well versed in these as I am in the Hanna-Barbera series of the time… Didn’t Dudley and Aesop begin with later THE BULLWINKLE SHOW, and not with the original ROCKY AND HIS FRIENDS? My recollection was that only Mr. Peabody and Fractured Fairy Tales were part of ROCKY. If true, how could there have been any Season One Dudley Do-Rights? I’d hate to have the task of reconstructing these shows into anything resembling the originals. By comparison, reconstructing Huckleberry Hound must have been very easy! Again, thanks for some great research!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I’d hate to have the task of reconstructing these shows into anything resembling the originals. By comparison, reconstructing Huckleberry Hound must have been very easy! Again, thanks for some great research!
Except Warner couldn't reconstruct Huckleberry Hound or any of the other 1/2 hour HB shows because they threw out all of the original 16mm complete show masters. So all of the interstitials don't exist and they put on what they could find from private collectors collections since they no longer had any of the full shows themselves. Brilliant.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Neil Brock Except Warner couldn't reconstruct Huckleberry Hound or any of the other 1/2 hour HB shows because they threw out all of the original 16mm complete show masters. So all of the interstitials don't exist and they put on what they could find from private collectors collections since they no longer had any of the full shows themselves. Brilliant.
Agreed! But, at least they were able to reconstruct the HUCK shows short-by-short. ...Even to the point of including duplicates to maintain the authenticity of HUCK Season One (and, alas, only to this point). My recollection of the original ROCKY AND HIS FRIENDS (debuted when I was FOUR) did not include Dudley Do-Right and Aesop – and so they should not have been on the Season One DVDs. Beyond that quibble, I did enjoy seeing them. That might be a better move than inserting duplicates to conform with original airings. Either way, it can’t be easy to reconstruct a show with so many different component parts that were switched around at will.

Real Name
Mick Hyperion
I hope the music issues have been corrected on this and future sets. I realize that Jay Ward's daughter swears they went back to the original tunes that Jay himself wrote and wanted in the series, but this is not the music we all remember airing on tv. Some bits they got right, but most noticeably wrong are all the show and episode openings for the R&B segments themselves. I was under the impression that only S1 would have those changes, but each set following has had them too. I'm not usually one to carry on ad nauseum about music issues (as in the My Three Sons threads), but this one bugs me.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Joe Tor1 “Bob”/Howie: That’s great research and information! Thanks! I guess I’m glad I bought “The Best of R&B Volume Two” (Volume One had too much double dipping for me) and especially “The Best of Boris and Natasha” – just in case it takes another few years (if ever?) before we get Season Five! Do we actually know that we are getting the supporting shorts – or are we just getting the R&B chapters? The TSOD piece doesn’t make that clear. One more question, as I’m nowhere near as well versed in these as I am in the Hanna-Barbera series of the time… Didn’t Dudley and Aesop begin with later THE BULLWINKLE SHOW, and not with the original ROCKY AND HIS FRIENDS? My recollection was that only Mr. Peabody and Fractured Fairy Tales were part of ROCKY. If true, how could there have been any Season One Dudley Do-Rights? I’d hate to have the task of reconstructing these shows into anything resembling the originals. By comparison, reconstructing Huckleberry Hound must have been very easy! Again, thanks for some great research!
There will be 19 episodes on 2 discs running approximately 418 minutes. That equates to about 22:05 per episode. That's the whole thing with open, R&B Pt1, interstitials, a couple of supporting shorts, R&B Pt2 and the close. I couldn't say about just when Dudley Do-Right and Aesop started but they are on the S1 set. I looked at what is currently on the 3 season sets and deduced what was left assuming it'll be on the S4 set.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Mick Hyperion

I hope the music issues have been corrected on this and future sets. I realize that Jay Ward's daughter swears they went back to the original tunes that Jay himself wrote and wanted in the series, but this is not the music we all remember airing on tv. Some bits they got right, but most noticeably wrong are all the show and episode openings for the R&B segments themselves. I was under the impression that only S1 would have those changes, but each set following has had them too. I'm not usually one to carry on ad nauseum about music issues (as in the My Three Sons threads), but this one bugs me.

I was more bugged (no pun intended) by the R&B bug on the first 10 seconds of every single segment. That's probably why I never got around to buying season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks