What's new

*** Official HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "How to Train Your Dragon". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "How to Train Your Dragon" should be posted to the
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
I found the film to be highly enjoyable, ranking with Kung Fu Panda and Antz as one of Dreamworks' very best animated films.

Plus, how often does a cartoon end with the main character
EDIT
?

*Shoot, how do you do spoiler boxes in here?

(Admin note - moved to discussion thread, no spoiler needed in this thread, only in the review thread.)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Loved this film. Seriously considering getting a Monstrous Nightmare as my first tattoo. Anyone have a better picture than the one found here:
http://howtotrainyourdragon.wikia.com/wiki/Monstrous_Nightmare

?

Sam

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Brisby [/spoiler]?

*Shoot, how do you do spoiler boxes in here?

(Admin note - moved to discussion thread, no spoiler needed in this thread, only in the review thread.)

Highlight what you want to hide and click on the spoiler block button up above (second icon to the right of the smileys above)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I was very pleasantly suprised at how much I enjoyed this film.
Ditto. This was a great film. Dreamworks' best, IMO. It avoided most of the annoying pop culture crap (references and music) they usually sprinkle through their films. It looks like it'll be their biggest non-Shrek hit to date.

The character of Toothless was great. Near the beginning, when Hiccup brings him the fish to eat, and Toothless is hiding behind the rock doing the "butt wiggle" like a cat getting ready to pounce, I laughed out loud. The flight of Hiccup and the girl riding on Toothless across the landscape in the middle of the film was gorgeous. And that "queen" dragon...Yikes! The Kraken has nothing on that beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks