What's new

need help and expertise to build home theater speakers (1 Viewer)

Alain.P

Grip
Good day ,

I am looking at building a set of 5 speakers for my home theater. I want them to be accurate, high sensitive..

Would someone be willing to help with their knowledge and expertise?

alain

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Budget? Size requirements? High efficiency speakers will be large most of the time. Efficency requirements? You may be looking at horn loaded, pro-style speakers. Some will argue that horn loaded doesn't mean accurate. So as will all speaker building, you need to determine where you want to make compromises.

No matter what you will probably end up with someone else's design. Otherwise look at spending upwards of $1,000 on test equipment and software. Not to mention the learning curve with it.

Alain.P

Grip
Good day ,

In term od Budget i was thinking around $2000 .....size bookshelf or tower for the front ..To give you an idea i was exploring buying either Kipsch or Polk audio althought i was leaning toward the klipsch because they had an efficency of 95 db sensitivity. VS 89 for the polk . so i would like to stay within that range if possible.

In term of power between 100 and 150 watts 8 ohm . I don't mind using somebody else's design

Any help you could offer i will be grateful for

Thank you

Alain

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Go to the Home Theater Guide forum and look at the different designs with the Dayton RS series of drivers. $2,000 DIY speakers are way out of my league. My Dayton DIII's cost about $90 each for parts.

Alain.P

Grip
Well $2000 is the budget i wanted to set but does not have to be that big. and if you say that accurate speakers can be build for less than $100 in parts i am listening then very carefully

I will look up the site you recommeded

Alain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks