What's new

4 Christmas BD live (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i guess i am of the wrong generation to be using this stuff....and swore i would not use "live"....but saw some interesting stuff on 4 CHRISTMAS. Have a PS3. Download the live extras and press entered....everything just freezes up....what am i doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by bob kaplan

I'm working on the HTF review (another late-arriving review copy), and I'm just now downloading the BD-Live extras. When you say you pressed "enter", do you mean you selected "play"? It's not clear from your description where you were in the process, e.g., whether or not you'd successfully reached the WB BD-Live site; if so, which extras you'd downloaded, at what resolution, and what you were trying to do next. I'm using a Panasonic BD-50.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Thanks for the response. i went to the BD live site and downloaded the two live extras ( in lowest resolution or at least smallest number so it would get done quicker)....until the little button read "done " in green. Hummmm...now i can't quite remember...(hehehe) but then i pressed play and there was nothing happening...gave it about 5 or 6 minutes. No response.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Gotcha.

The good news, if you can call it that, is that it isn't you. After my download finished, I got the same result. I too picked the standard definition version, because the d/l speed from Warner's BD-Live site is unbelievably slow. Maybe the hi-def versions would produce a different result, but at this point I'm not willing to wait the extra few hours to find out.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Ahhh.....there is comfort in company...things like this are frustrating....certainly does not make one look at new ideas without skepticism. i really haven't tried other discs...but someday.....
Thanks
bob

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Don't let this put you off all BD-Live downloads. I've never had this problem with content from Sony's site or from Paramount's. The problem here may be that Warner doesn't do many discs with BD-Live content, and they're still learning how to do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks