What's new

The Big Bang Theory - season 3 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Big Bang Theory" returns in a new timeslot, 9:30 p.m.EDT on CBS for its 3rd season as the gang returns from their arctic summer adventure.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Yay! Really looking forward to this. Was disappointed that Jim Parsons didn't win the Emmy, but can't wait to see what's in store this season.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
Count me an as being excited for Season 3 to kick off. Hopefully it's another fantastic season.

And you are right...Jim Parson's got robbed last night.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It seems as though they give that thing to Baldwin by default now.

Anyhoo, great start to the season although Sheldon seems to be slowly changing, he's calmer, more together, not the bundle of exposed nerves he was earlier in the series and a better part of last year.

I like Sheldon when he's frazzled, befuddled and generally irritated by his perceived ignorance of all those around him.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I'm not sure he necessarily changed, John. I took it more that this was such a HUGE personal hurt, it totally demoralized him. He was so crestfallen he didn't know how to respond and retreated to his mother for consoling. I think the big difference here is that he was wrong and he knew it. When he's "frazzled, befuddled and generally irritated" as you put it, he's always operating from the firm belief that he is 100% correct (which he always is.) That's why this was such a remarkable and unprecedented event for him. I could be wrong, but I think we'll see the same old (know-it-all) Sheldon again next episode.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Spero D

Penny & leonard. Meh.
I think it all depends where the writers take it. Their relationship is reportedly a major arc this season. Personally, if done right, I think it can be milked pretty good especially with regards to how it impacts and disrupts Sheldon's world.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The ratings for the first new episode in the new timeslot seem to confirm that CBS made a great choice in moving BBT. It lost only a miniscule 600K viewers from the big 2HM lead-in (less than 5%) and gives them a powerhouse pairing from 9-10 on Mondays.

9pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) 13.6 million viewers 9:30pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 12.8 million viewers

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
While I wasn't completely thrilled with last nights episode, I still enjoyed the ranting of Sheldon. Laurie Metcalf is just pure genius in the role of Sheldons mother and I hope they do more with her this year. I have to admit that I thought they would/should take it a little bit slower with Leonard and Penny. I thought it was waaaaaay too rushed. Space it out over a couple of episodes or something, but to just throw them in bed like that. it didn't work for me.

Loved Howards red cowboy hat and his "Inspector Clouseau" look!

I loved the line by Sheldons mother to Raj about the third world demon inside him!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Originally Posted by Lucia Duran

Loved Howards red cowboy hat and his "Inspector Clouseau" look!
For some reason with that little stach he reminded me of Freddy Mercury lol.

Agreed regarding Leonard and Penny, way too easy. Hopefully that last scene will signify that they'll take it easy.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This was just a so-so episode for me. Not nearly as funny as last week. The Penny and Leonard romance was ho-hum IMO. And the "Sheldon being wrong about something" storyline was a little too familiar after least week's season premiere.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I agree, so far this season hasn't captured the magic of some of this shows best.

The way they are handling the Penny and Leonard thing is awful IMO, they are turning it into something seedy, it doesn't feel special as it should, it just looks like they're having sex a lot.

Hopefully the writers aren't trying to change things because the show has grown in popularity, I hate when shows do that, often times it ends up taking away what made it special to begin with.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When Lewis Black targeted on Koothrappali's Indian heritage (jobs going over to India), that was an unadvised joke that had all the buoyancy of a lead balloon.

I was sort of reminded of my own geek-ness when I knew why certain comic book issues were important (because they used fairly obscure titles w/r/t general population's knowledge of comic book issues from the silver age, Fantastic Four 48 and Flash 123).

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Last nights episode had some funny moments, but overall I was bored. Like others have mentioned, the Penny Leonard thing is going to get old quick and the way they are going about it is ruining it for me. I'm sad that I am not enjoying this show as much this season only two episodes in.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
What really got me was the end of last night's episode--who didn't see that coming? Lewis Black was great but that was the most predictable ending possible.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would actually like to see Leonard and Penny go back to being friends so I got excited when she began to entertain the idea.

I would also like to add that Leonard is getting far too much sex on this show, I liked him when he was on the more geeky side of things as he was in season one, he was much more endearing then.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
That was certainly the funniest episode of the new season and I laughed out loud several times. I think now that the writers have defined and settled into the romantic relationship between Penny and Leonard, they can focus on the new Sheldon/Leonard/Penny group dynamic. If last night's episode was any indication, it appears to be ripe with comedic possibilities. Also, the Howard/Raj barhopping storyline was a hoot. Well done!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My wife & I figured out the "training" as I assumed most of the audience did before Leonard latched on... which made Leonard's realization of what was happening HILARIOUS. And the moment where they did the chocolate/seal chum bit.. when she lept that chocolate out of the air I was dying.

Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks