What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: CRANK 2 HIGH VOLTAGE (1 Viewer)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Crank 2 High Voltage is a better than average, high concept action flick that never takes itself too seriously. If you enjoyed the first film, you will probably enjoy Crank 2 but possibly not as much as the first film. Ironically, while Crank 2 will not win any major film awards, the audio and video quality are first rate. It is also notable for what may be the final screen appearance of David Carradine. Crank 2 certainly does not transcend its genre but it definitely has its moments.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I finally had a chance to watch this over the weekend. It was a little dumber than the first Crank, but the non stop action and hilarious scenes made it watchable. I laughed out loud a few times. Worth a rental.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Willow

I finally had a chance to watch this over the weekend. It was a little dumber than the first Crank, but the non stop action and hilarious scenes made it watchable. I laughed out loud a few times. Worth a rental.
The non-stop action and hilarious scenes were essentially the first movie, helped by the fact that it seems no one in the cast or crew was taking it seriously. I got a kick out of the ridiculously over-the-top first film, much more so than the (IMO) awful Shoot 'Em Up. If they've ramped those up, I will no doubt be entertained.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks