What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-25-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/c/c1/MikesRoundUp.jpg/400x400px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg">

[size=6][COLOR= rgb(255,0,0)][b]The Features[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url=http://dev.huddler.com/imgrepo/thumbs/e/e2/brd.gif/1000x800px-LL-brd.gif][img]https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/e/e2/brd.gif/1000x500px-LL-brd.gif">[/url]

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
OK, $12.99 for Children of the Corn on Blu-ray? That's what I'm talkin' about.

I just may have to take them up on that offer. I always loved that flick. I remember seeing it at a drive-in outside of Phoenix, AZ that probably no longer exists WAAAAY back in 1984. Good times.

OUTLANDER!!!! WE HAVE YOUR WOMAN!!!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
WOW! I can complete my Golden Girls collection...$8.99 a season? That's a steal!

As far as new stuff goes, Rudi y Cursi is in my Netflix queue already...

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by MarkBirds /forum/thread/291981/weekly-roundup-8-25-2009#post_3598555
It's been available at Best Buy for $12.99 for a few weeks now. I believe they had a limited exclusivity deal with Anchor Bay/Starz. Today they begin selling Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz and Grace (all on Blu-ray for $19.99/ea). All about a month before national release.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Is this just a re-release of the previous edition of Wiseguy Season 1? I guess it's too much to ask for Night's in White Satin to be put back in on this release?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$6.99 each (More in-store and online)
The Devil's Rejects
American Haunting

TV on DVD

$19.99 each
Two and a Half Men - Seasons 1 - 5
Scrubs - Seasons 1 - 7
The Simpsons - Seasons 1 - 11
Supernatural - Seasons 1 - 3
One Tree Hill - Seasons 1 - 5
House - Seasons 1 - 4
Smallville - Seasons 1 - 7

TV on DVD
Dexter - Seasons 1 or 2: $16.99 each

[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Blu-ray:

$19.99 each
Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
Grace

$9.99 each
Omega Man
Beetlejuice
The Mask
Unforgiven

$14.99 each
Chronicles of Riddick
King Kong (2005)
Pitch Black[/COLOR]

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

$7.50 each:
Babe
Pursuit Of Happyness
Remember The Titans
The Golden Compass
Old School

$10 each:
Curious George
The Clique
Burn After Reading
Bangkok Dangerous

TV On DVD
Alias Seasons 1-5 $12.99 each
Golden Girls Seasons 1-7 $8.99 each
I Love Lucy 2-Pack (Season 1 & 2) $14.99 each
Everybody Loves Raymond 2-Pack (Season 1 & 2) $14.99
Angel 2-Pack (Season 3 & 4) $14.99
Get Smart 2-Pack (Season 1 & 2) $14.99
JAG 2-Pack (Season 1 & 2) $14.99
South Park 2-Pack (Season 1 & 2) $18.99
That 70's Show 2-Pack (Season 3 & 4) $18.99
Big Bang Theory Season 1 $14.99
Big Love Season 1 or 2 $18.99 each
One Tree Hill Seasons 1-5 $18.99 each
Wild America Seasons 1-6 $18.99 each

[COLOR= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Blu-ray:

$22.99 each:
Quantum Of Solace
Taken
When The Earth Stood Still
Valkyrie
Slumdog Millionaire
Notorious
Marley & Me
Bride Wars

$14.99 each:
The Boondock Saints
Patton
Kingdom Of Heaven
Donnie Darko

[/COLOR]

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

Nothing for me this week. I don't feel the need to own them but I thought Adventureland and Sunshine Cleaning were both pretty good.
Yeah...I'm looking forward to seeing Sunshine Cleaning. Wish the prices for the BD were a bit better.

I think I'll wait for an inevitable drop...although, to me, it always seems that whenever I wait for such a thing it takes forever. Other titles get reduced in weeks. I wonder if there's a formula that I haven't caught on to? Studio? Type of title? Lack of sales?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Not to be cynical, but there is no doubt in my mind that with Circuit City out of the way, we are now seeing a new (HIGHER) price structure at Best Buy. Each week it seems like the advertised price of a new release creeps up just a bit more. My store also changed its price-matching policy. Now they will only match Walmart if the item is featured in a physical print ad (i.e. no printout from the Walmart web site.) I can't tell you the last time I bought a new BD or DVD there, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I don't think there's been any major change in either direction. Best Buy's Blu-ray prices might have even dropped slightly (like a dollar or two on a big new release) since the end of Circuit City. BB's prices were generally too high when CC was open and they're still too high now.

Outside of sales, Amazon has gotten the overwhelming majority of my Blu-ray business.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Costco catalog alert! My local warehouse had a box filled with my three favorite box sets ever released by the good people at Sony. The Premiere Frank Capra Collection, The Cary Grant Box Set, and The Collector's Choice - Budd Boetticher were all available for US$18.99.

Regards,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Which Cary Grant set are we talking about, Ken? The Signature Collection? Screen Legend?

No Costcos in my area...but maybe they'll show up at BJs Wholesale Club.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden

Jay*W

Second Unit
Thanks as always, Mike!

In addition to the wonderful Costco deals on the great Sony classic box sets that Ken pointed out above (and the fantastic $13.99 price point I mentioned a couple of weeks ago on each of the recent Sony Icons of Screwball Comedy Volume 1, Icons of Screwball Comedy Volume 2 and the Michael Powell Film Collection sets), I discovered that Costco has Scrubs Season 8 and Samantha Who? Season 2 for $26.59 each, with a $10 instant rebate for buying both sets.

Jay

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At some point I'd like to see Duplicity and Sunshine Cleaning, but I don't think I need them on the shelf. And Smallville will be a purchase when the WB store has a sale or stackable coupon codes again. I'm not in a hurry to relive the second half of that catastrophe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks