What's new

*** Official LEGION Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
The trailer looks fantastic. I'll definitely be catching this.
I don't mind that they've nicked from Underworld and The Prophecy, I dug both of those flicks.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can see this film getting some serious protestors. Here you have a horror film with God as the bad guy. The trailer attached to District 9 makes the film look even more controversial than it is, since it seems to imply that Paul Bettany's protagonist is Lucifer and the pregnant woman is carrying the Antichrist. In fact:
Paul Bettany plays the archangel Michael, who has turned away from God to ensure the Second Coming of Christ, who will be born to the pregnant woman in the trailer. This will probably cause its own controversy since it pits the archangel of mercy that many Jews hold as their advocate against Gabriel, the archangel that revealed the Qur'an to Mohammed.
With all of that being said, I found the trailer disturbing but completely compelling. Are we to believe the old lady in the diner with the Exorcist-esque lobster walk up the walls is also an angel?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Saw the preview last night. In its opening seconds, I thought it was a sequel to Constantine which excited me. But as it went on it looked pretty horrible. God as the bad guy and presumably the unborn spawn of satan is the hero. No thanks.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
face contortion fx is still not good enough imho =P. it needs to be more subtle than what it is here =P anyways, it's prolly another piece of entertainment. similar release date patterns as Constantine BTW =).

MattFini

Supporting Actor
This looked like it could be kind of fun, but more than that I found myself wishing that they'd release a 16x9 version of The Prophecy.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
When God loses faith in Mankind, he sends his legion of angels to bring on the Apocalypse.
I think I did that in that old computer game, Populous...

The movie looks entertaining although the demonic senior citizen scampering around the diner at the beginning was more funny than unnerving.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Andy Sheets

I think I did that in that old computer game, Populous...

The movie looks entertaining although the demonic senior citizen scampering around the diner at the beginning was more funny than unnerving.
Hey, they should make a POPULOUS movie! If they can do MONOPOLY and whatever other board games why not that fun computer game? Anyway, I loved the demonic senior citizen scene. I think the movie looks to be too much of a PROPHECY retread as I was hoping for a group of people stuck in a diner fighting of crazy old people instead.

I think if they want to do a cool Satan-as-good-guy movie they should do an adaptation of Moorcock's WARHOUND AND THE WORLD'S PAIN which is a cool novel wherein Satan hooks up with a hero (from 1600's? Can't remember now) to help him find the Holy Grail to get back in the good graces of God. Cool!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Count me out of this one. The concept of fighting angels, then these angels turn into demon like monsters, doesn't make any sense to me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
With a little bit of "Actraiser" mixed in, don't you think?

Yeah, what this really looks like is "The Prophecy" but not neary as good.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The tv show Supernatural has been doing this for the past season. Angels have been causing trouble while God is not paying attention.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
While I won't see this in the theater I'll blind-buy the Blu-ray, looks just too damn cool...and lots of fun.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The whole concept sounds incredibly stupid to me:

God as the "bad guy" and a "fallen angel" as the "good guy" who, according to Adam's spoiler, is around to help ensure the second coming of Christ, which God appears to be utterly oblivious to or opposed to. WTF?? Utterly ludicrous and self-contradicting.
But I suppose some people will watch it just to see/hear neat-o fight scenes and FX. Ugh.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Looks like a yawner to me. Maybe, MAYBE, I'll give it a rent when it hits Blu-ray.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
This guy just creeps the crap out of me. :eek:
that's actually a pet peeve of mine, this "skin stretching" technique has got to be the laziest type of CG in the book. it's basically a normal looking face that stretches like a rubber band. when it's unstretched, there's no skin flaps like a st. bernard or whatever. :P just smooth stretchable skin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks