What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: A River Runs Through It (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Thanks for the review, but this release is a little too expensive right now so I'll wait for a better price.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Terrific review, Rich!

Sony has been fairly consistent about dropping the price on their catalogue titles within about six months after release (and often much sooner). It's become almost a ritual for me to read a Rich Gallagher review, add the title to my Amazon list, then wait.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Nice review, Richard. Glad to hear that Sony handled this release well. Really, really looking forward to watching this title in the coming week. (I'll defer some purchases for a price drop; but I have been anticipating this release for far too long to wait any longer.)

- Walter.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Wonder why it's priced above most other catalogue titles. It's almost Fox-like. I'm a big fan of the movie...but not at the price they're asking.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Dennis,

That cracked me up! When I first moved here, there was a pet store in town called the Fishkill Aquarium. For some reason it went out of business.

Rich

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by David Wilkins

Wonder why it's priced above most other catalogue titles. It's almost Fox-like. I'm a big fan of the movie...but not at the price they're asking.
The MSRP is steep, but starting tomorrow you can get it a Deep Discount for about $20, as part of their 25% off sale through August 3.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
IIRC Cees told me "kill' is Dutch for "creek", so you get the Fishkill River, Schuylkill River, etc.

A federal judge got bribed for $9,000 once, and that's why the boundary in northern Idaho is now west of the continental divide. Missoula originally was in Idaho territory, and the states' border was going to follow the continental divide from Yellowstone NP all the way to Canada. The border between Brit. Columbia and Alberta presently follows the contenental divide.

Odd about the BRD price. The regular DVD of this film is a constant star of the $5 bin at Wallyworld.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Yes, lots of "kills" in the Hudson Valley. Peekskill, Walkill, Catskill, etc. We also have the Fishkill River, which actually is a redundancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks