Weekly RoundUp 7-21-2009 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
1000x800px-LL-MikesRoundUp.jpg

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Features[/COLOR]

– Watchmen – 2009

– Coraline – 2009

– Shane West & Sandra De Sousa (Echelon Conspiracy – 2009)

– Brad Davis (Midnight Express – 1978)

Colin Hanks, Emily Blunt, John Malkovich & Steve Zahn (The Great Buck Howard – 2008)

– Gerard Butler (300 – 2006)

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Prices[/COLOR]

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/thumbs/0/00/dvd.jpeg/1000x500px-LL-dvd.jpeg">[/url]
[/url]

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey everyone. This RoundUp has been done on the fly (and in a little bit of a rush) as I'm away on a brief and unexpected "vacation" and sitting in a car on a laptop outside a local library for a little late night Wi-Fi action.

Will be back to clean things up soon.

Thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:
TV on DVD
Buy any two seasons, get a $10 Gift Card:

24 Season 7 $34.99
Stargate Atlantis Season 5 $34.99
Prison Break Season 4 $34.99
Burn Notice Season 2 $34.99
The Shield Season 7 $44.99
Family Guy Vol. 7 $29.99
---------
Target on sale DVD items:

$7.50 each:
Titanic
The Golden Compass
The Bourne Supremacy
Dirty Dancing $13.99 each:
Bedtime Stories
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
High School Musical 3
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
TV on DVD:

One Tree Hill season 1-5 $18.99 each
Gossip Girl $18.99
The Tudors season 1 $19.9
Dexter season 1 $19.99
24 season 7 $24.99
House seasons 1-4 $24.99 each
Lost season 4 $29.99
Grey's Anatomy season 4 $29.99
[COLOR= #3366ff]Blu-ray: [/COLOR] [COLOR= #3366ff]
$9.99 each:
The Punisher
Reservoir Dogs
Stargate
Total Recall[/COLOR] [COLOR= #3366ff]
$11.99 each:
16 Blocks
Beetlejuice
Blow
Tim Burton’s The Corpse Bride
[/COLOR]

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I'm still trying to sort out the best plan of action for Watchmen on Blu. Knowing that a 5-disc "ultimate" edition is coming this holiday season, I was thinking about waiting and Neflixing the director's cut. But, now after reading about the BB deal of getting "Tales " or the "Motion Comic" for $5 when you buy the director's cut, I'm not sure what to do. Since I already have the motion comic on Blu, I wonder if I should just pick up the other two for $30 and call it a day (with a 4-disc set total.) I don't know how much more additional content will be included in the ultimate edition. I guess one big difference is that the ultimate edition will have the Black Freighter tale woven into the film like the original comic. Decisions, decisions...

Also, I am contemplating Coraline as a blind buy.

Thanks for the prices!

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Pushing Daisies season 2 on DVD for me.

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication doing the updates!

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

[COLOR= #3366ff]Blu-ray: [/COLOR] [COLOR= #3366ff]
$9.99 each:
The Punisher
Reservoir Dogs
Stargate
Total Recall[/COLOR] [COLOR= #3366ff]
$11.99 each:
16 Blocks
Beetlejuice
Blow
Tim Burton’s The Corpse Bride
[/COLOR]
Target ad also mentions "and selected others".

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup. My first purchase in a LONG time will be Coraline which I'm getting from Amazon. By the way Mike Amazon has lowered the price (& my order) of Coraline 2 disc dvd from $20.99 to $19.99.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by SVTStingRay

wow cant wait to see sky captain on bluray!
I swear I have it downstairs on BD, but I'm much too lazy/tired/sleepy to go and check.

Thanks gents for giving me something other than 200+ non-spam e-mails, laundry and food shopping to look forward to after vacation!

(Hope everything's okay, Mike!)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey gang!

Everything's fine. Just had to make a quick trip out of town on some family business...and I didn't have the RoundUp done. Usually if I know I'm going away I put it to bed early and Patrick is kind enough to post it up for me at the witching hour.

Well, it wasn't done and I had no internet access at the remote location of the Adirondacks I was at (but the wi-fi signal at the local library was going strong after hours so I just finisher her up in the car in the parking lot hoping a local deputy didn't drive by and wonder what I was up to!

Now I've got a gazillion threads and posts to catch up on...including 54 new posts in the "Obervations about the New Software Thread!"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But first...

I forgot to include that amazon.com has an EXCLUSIVE on the Watchmen front:

An EXCLUSIVE NITE OWL SHIP with it's blu-ray copies of Watchmen for $74.99

Neat packaging for those who are into those things...but it does come dear!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by pitchman

I'm still trying to sort out the best plan of action for Watchmen on Blu. Knowing that a 5-disc "ultimate" edition is coming this holiday season, I was thinking about waiting and Neflixing the director's cut.
Is that 5-disc edition going to include both (or more) cuts of the film? (A link to a thread with details is fine. :) )

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure the Sky Captain listing is in error. That disc was one of Paramount's first Blu-rays, later shelved when the company went HD-DVD exclusive, then reissued in June 2008 when they returned to Blu-ray. The original disc is a BD-25 with lossy DTS and DD soundtracks, and for a second I got excited that perhaps Paramount was sneaking out a version with lossless audio right under my nose!

Perhaps a casualty of late-night undercover library Wi-Fi work? :)

(BTW, a Japanese [Region A, of course] edition of Sky Captain with lossless audio can be ordered for a pretty penny here.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Bryan Beckman

I'm pretty sure the Sky Captain listing is in error. That disc was one of Paramount's first Blu-rays, later shelved when the company went HD-DVD exclusive, then reissued in June 2008 when they returned to Blu-ray. The original disc is a BD-25 with lossy DTS and DD soundtracks, and for a second I got excited that perhaps Paramount was sneaking out a version with lossless audio right under my nose!

Perhaps a casualty of late-night undercover library Wi-Fi work? :)
Well, yes...and I'm guessing it is also a price drop as the release was listed as a new title by both amazon & best buy. It had all the earmarks of a "price drop"...but I just kinda forgot about double-checking in my rush to get things up & posted.
Thanks, Bryan.

LCD22

Screenwriter
How's Magnolia with their BD releases? Anyone seen a review for The Great Buck Howard, which I thought was an enjoyable film when I caught it on HDNet Movies earlier this year. I'm planning on placing orders for this (I'd feel more comfortable knowing how the transfer is), Monk: Season Seven, and Psych: The Complete Third Season tomorrow.
Edited by ChrisCook - 7/20/2009 at 04:02 pm GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks