What's new

Simpsons Season 20 (New HD Intro) (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see they are keeping elements from the old opening sequence. I think that the couch chasing goes on a little too long, though.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly, they were using the wider theatrical film animation cels and plates (or whatever, not familiar with all the terminology) to create the show for years, so it's probably not a big deal for them to create the show for a 16:9 frame.

Damn TV wasn't mounted right!

Real Name
Karl Pozorski
Love that new intro even though Burns and Smithers were replaced by Lenny and Carl. And did my eyes decieve me or did Maggie's price change? I wonder if the switch to widescreen means we'll start getting the season sets on blu-ray. Hope so.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about it. It's technically well made but it just feels "off" and a bit antiseptic.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, I suppose with all that happened over the years, and update to the intro was due.

Yeah, in the last few years many of the couch gags go on for very long. They seem to be producing shorter episode running times I guess.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't know what the original sequence price was, but this one is pretty easy to see now. Before scanning Maggie, the total was $243.26 and afterwards it was $486.52.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
I like it. Nice to see they've moved to widescreen. I'm betting however that it will be shortend down latter on.;)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I just downloaded the flv file of this sequence and paused it to read what it said.

I hope you had to look that up, or paused the original sequence, because to just know that offhand....yikes!

:D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As sick as it is, I did know it off hand.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I'm a walking encyclopedia of about the first decade of The Simpsons but I think that's always stuck with me because I got into an argument with someone who was trying to tell me that it actually said "NRA4EVER" (like the joke in The 138th Episode Spectacular says) and I ended up freeze framing it and showing him the $847.63 and he still wouldn't believe me. That debate ranks as one of the dumber ones that I've ever gotten into.

Real Name
Karl Pozorski
The $847.63 also unlocked an Easter egg on the Season 3 3rd Disk. It gives you access to audio outtakes from that season.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I didn't remember the actual numbers shown there, but knew the NRA gag was never part of it (though I'm sure like your friend a LOT of people started believing it was really there after that episode) because they were clearly numbers.

There must be 100 or more episodes of the show I've never seen because I gave it up around 2000 or so entirely, because once I started seeing promos of upcoming episodes that had Marge becoming a weightlifter with huge arms and other ridiculous things, I was done.

1992 to around 1997 are when I loved it, especially 92, 93 and 94.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The HD version of this episode was really a treat. It was just so colourfull.

Are they going to be in HD from now on?

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
What sucks is that Fox (at least in my area) doesn't letterbox the show for non-HD broadcast so, if you're unfortunate enough to be watching on a 4:3 TV, as I was last night, the picture is completely ruined by extreme cropping.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

That is dependent on the local affiliate, because some Fox channels (and Global here in Canada) did letterbox the episode for standard definition broadcast.

Joe:C

Second Unit

Yeah, it was pretty noticable. I remember at least a couple of times where Lisa was talking, but she was almost completely out of the frame.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Why is this show still on the air? I stopped watching around 2000 as well, but every once in a while I will watch an episode out of curiousity. I have not laughed once in about five years. The movie,on the other hand, was really good. They should cancel the show, and stick to theatrical features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks