What's new

Andromeda TV Finale Comes to DVD on May 2nd (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

While, I am not saying its a bad show...Its good. But, too call it "One of the most beloved". Thats just streching it. :)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
True, it isn't one of the most loved sci-fi shows. tribune and Fireworks screwed that up after season 2 and giving Robert Hewitt Wolfe the boot and bringing in some writers who didn't understand Andromed at all.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was with the show up until a few episodes into the last season, and just gave up. How you take a show based on a ship, and the rebuilding of a galactic commonwealth, to making it based on a crappy looking planet because of buget reasons ruined the entire shows run.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Joey or anyone one else for that matter. I also stopped watching after season 2. Can someone give me a recap of what happened during the last season or so and the finale? In spoilers of course.

Thanks!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Todd S, those are ADV Films words, quoted directly from their web site. Not Mine!!!:D

But, I have to admit that Season 2 was a little better performed than Season 1 and Season 3 and Season 4 were pretty decent but I think I would say that Season 4 was the best with the defection of Tyr and ther return of Rhade.

What I can say is that Season 5 sucked serious eggs. Not only did the script-writing suck but so did the acting and the egeneral overall appearance of the season. While I loved the Season finale the very last scene of the last episode was a serious letdown. I would have preferred to see Andromeda setting off into the horizon. I can't see spending $30 per 2-disk set on Season 5. While I have the first four seasons on DVD the oinly way I could see myself buying the last season is if they dropped the price down to about $50-60 for a boxed set. The last season was a serious letdown and it showed.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I figured it was theirs and not yours. Would you mind telling me in a nut shell what happnened in seasons 2-5? Just an overview. Thanks!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Season 2:

01. The Widening Gyre
With the ship severely damaged, Dylan leads the crew of the Andromeda Ascendant in a battle against the largest and deadliest enemy they have ever encountered.

02. Exit Strategies
Dylan, Beka, Rev Bem and Tyr, pursued by a gang of Neitzscheans, are forced to make a crash landing on an icy planet.

03. A Heart for Falsehood Framed
The crew of the Andromeda replaces a sacred relic with a fake, attempting to negotiate peace between two battling parties.

04. Pitiless as the Sun
Trance is held captive, while Dylan and the rest of the crew try to uncover the source behind mysterious attacks on cargo ships

05. Last Call at the Broken Hammer
Dylan leads members of the crew to a desert wasteland in search of a former government leader.

06. All Too Human
Rommie discovers prejudices toward A.I.s while attempting to expose the nefarious plots of the Machenites.

07. Una Salas Victus
The crew of the Andromeda battles with the Neitzchean Drago-Kazov pride in an attempt to deliver medical supplies to an ailing colony.

08. Home Fires
A stranger with a message from Dylan's (Kevin Sorbo) long-dead fiancée arrives onboard Andromeda, leading the crew on a diplomatic mission.

09. Into the Labyrinth
The Andromeda hosts a conference of allies to the Commonwealth, while Harper (Gordon Michael Woolvett) is lured by unknown evil forces.

10. The Prince
Dylan and the crew of the Andromeda assist the sole survivor of a massacred royal family in his quest to regain the throne.

11. Bunker Hill
Captain Dylan Hunt allies with the Sabra-Jaguar Pride to wage war against the Dragans, while Harper launches a revolution on Earth.

12. Ouroboros
The crew of the Andromeda faces a sudden distortion of space and time.

13. Lava and Rockets
Dylan hijacks a tourist ship to escape the evil Ogami, a culture of mercenary killers.

14. Be All My Sins Remembered
Beka is forced to face her past when an old friend resurfaces.

15. Dance of the Mayflies
The Andromeda is invaded by a mutant species.

16. In Heaven Now Are Three
Beka leads a mission to find a legendary artifact.

17. The Things We Cannot Change
Dylan hovers near death in a dream world after an explosion rocks the Maru.

18. The Fair Unknown
The crew encounter the Vedrans the long-lost founders of the Commonwealth.

19. Belly of the Beast
The crew of Andromeda encounters a creature once thought to be mythological.

20. The Knight, Death and the Devil
Dylan attempts to save a group of captured High Guard ships.

21. Immaculate Perception
Racing to save his wife, and her coloney from attack, Tyr discovers he is a father.

22. The Tunnel at the End of the Light
Aliens from an alternate universe attack the crew of Andromeda.

Season 3

01. If the Wheel is Fixed
Energy from a dimensional tunnel takes control of two crewmembers.

02. The Shards of Rimmi
Commonwealth Security considers Dylan the prime suspect in a murder investigation.

03. Mad to Be Saved
The Andromeda encounters problems after picking up a group of mentally imbalanced refugees.

04. Cui Bono
Andromeda transports Sid Barry, who is running for the top government office in the newly reformed Commonwealth.

05. The Lone and Level Sands
The Andromeda crew encounters a spacecraft from Earth, which set out to explore deep space hundreds of years ago.

06. Slipfighter the Dogs of War
The Andromeda crew stops the evil rulers of the planet Marduk from making weapons of mass destruction.

07. The Lepers Kiss
Dylan goes on a mission to seek out "The Leper" in order to prevent Marshall Man Ka-Lupe's assassination.

08. For Whom the Bell Tolls
Maggots infest the Andromeda, which is haunted by a crew member who died more than 300 years earlier.

09. And Your Heart Will Fly Away
Tyr encounters a long lost love and the man who had hired him to kill her.

10. The Unconquerable Man
Gaheris Rhade sets out to reshape the universe according to his will and restore order amid the chaos.

11. Delenda Est
The Andromeda crew must thwart an invasion from a mysterious enemy.

12. The Dark Backward
Trance runs through a series of possible outcomes in order to save the crew from a deadly intruder.

13. The Risk All Point
Dylan (Kevin Sorbo) and the crew rescue the passengers of a doomed High Guard ship.

14. The Right Horse
Beka puts her feelings for a past love ahead of the safety of her crew and endangers an entire planet.

15. What Happens to a Rev Deferred?
The crew receives a cry for help from the long lost Rev Bem.

16. Point of the Spear
The crew battles against the Pyrians in order to save the planet Samsarra and avoid a galactic war.

17. Vault of the Heavens
Dylan is beckoned to a far off planet by the voice of a mysterious woman.

18. Deep Midnight's Voice
Dylan and the crew search for a Nietzschean slip-scout carrying a probe that enables one to map every meter of the slipstream.

19. The Illusion of Majesty
Dylan and the crew take a wrong turn ending up in the Prolon System where they discover a princess who is not what she appears to be

20. Twilight of the Idols
Dylan (Kevin Sorbo) and the crew set out to find a colony that disappeared. Unbeknownst to them, they are not the only ones looking.

21. Day of Judgement, Day of Wrath
Rommie's (Lexa Doig) old lover takes over her mind and a new High Guard ship.

22. Shadows Cast by a Final Salute
Tyr's (Keith Hamilton Cobb) disloyalty spawns the destruction of the Commonwealth.

Season 4

No episode previews but this season dealt more with Dylan being hunted by the Commonwealth. During the course of this season, Dylan gains a new crew member, a Nietsche named Rhade who has become more trustworthy than Tyr and believable than Tyr was, as a character. The emergence of the Collectors come to the foreground and the season ends itself out with a high flying battle with the Magog and Dylan's decision to go into the Abyss, that dimension portal that Dylan and crew entered earlier this season. This season proved to be one of the best and we also get to see a return asppearance by Michael Ironside as Admiral Fox trying to build a time portal and ends up bringing back more aggressive and intelligent than the current Magog race.

Season 5

Season 5 was such a letdown for fans. With the show moving to the Sci Fi Channel, the huge cut in the budget, caused the season to fail miserably among fans. The season ended up being nothing more than Dylan and crew moving around, self-contained in a single solar system which is about to go supernova, transported to this universe during his trip through the portal to the Abyss. The first half of the season dealt more with a scavenger hunt for his missing crew and ended up with the finale episode being nothing more than returning to his own universe in an effort to defeat the Magog in one final battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks