What's new

pc version of mac's i-photo?? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

according to my sis, mac has this program called iphoto. with it, you can just drag and drop photos, add music and bam...instant slide-show.

does anyone know of a similar program for the pc?

thx,

ted

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, $50 Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0. It's not quite as elegant as iPhoto, but it's pretty usable.

If you don't mind losing many photo fix/enhancement functionalities, slideshow with music, CD/DVD burning support, and enhanced search/organization features, you can download the Starter Edition for free.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx phil.

it doesn't appear that album can incorporate music into the slide show? at least the website doesn't appear to state that.

do you know if that is a feature?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
it looks like the older version will work phil. my girlfriend had a copy and was able to somehow do it....not sure how, but she said it was pretty easy. thanks!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
(resurrecting this old thread for updated info, hopefully)

Any new recommendations for photo-management software?

I spent a weekend with a friend who has iPhoto and played with a little bit. I thought it was a good program, with some very nice, well-designed features and some odd, poorly designed usage choices. Then I got home and started looking for a PC program and realized that iPhoto is the best thing around!

I tried Ulead Photo Explorer, which is just a glorified file browser and offered little for managing photo albums. I then tried Adobe Photo Album, which is nicely made program, very sensibly designed. But it looks to require a lot of work to manage and maintain photo albums. I've settled on Picasa, which is a near-copy of iPhoto. It is far easier to use than Adobe's product, though perhaps less powerful in the long run. But while clearly inspired by iPhoto, it falls short.

Are there any better PC photo-management programs than Picasa? Should I save up and buy a Mac to get iPhoto?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
wow, i totally forgot about this one dave.

ya know what i ended up using? pinnacle studio - i think i'm using v8.

with it, i can drag 'n' drop photos, add various mp3 files (with the ability to adjust volume, fades, etc), adjust the types of transitions between photots (wipes, fades, dissolves, etc), then create the slide show in various formats (wma, real, dvd, etc).

i suspect it's really overkill for a simple slide show program, but it's easy to use and i like the flexibility of going overboard with the features.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My interest is more for photo management than creating slideshows. Any new ideas for organizing photos and keep useful information with them.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
For instant slide show, I've had good luck with ProShow Gold

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks