What's new

Zorro TV Series (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
No, the Disney DVDs are copyguarded, and the moderators here don't want work-arounds discussed on these boards, so don't ask.(I don't know how,anyway.)

You could try the Disney VHS compilation tapes of the Zorro series. There were seven of them released in the mid-1980s. Amazon.com sells them.(search: VHS Zorro) The ones released in the white plastic cases were not copyguarded. I don't know about the re-releases in cardboard sleeves.

gmacosko

Auditioning
Real Name
Gregory Macosko
forgive the embarrassing question from a neophyte. Thank you for informing me of proper etiquette for HomeTheater Forum. I thought movies & TV series from the '50s were not copyrighted.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
When push comes to shove it seems that these (major) DVD distribution companies always release the dullest, most lackluster and least interesting tv properties in their possession.

ZORRO (ABC 1957-59) is another rarity in my top 10 tv series want list but in the interim there were also 4 hour long ZORRO segments produced for the WALT DISNEY PRESENTS (ABC 1954-61) tv series that could all be handily packaged together in a WALT DISNEY TREASURES collection.

These segments consist of:

01) "El Bandido" (30/10/1960)
02) "Adios El Cuchillo" (06/11/1960)
03) "The Postponed Wedding" (01/01/1961)
04) "Auld Acquaintance" (04/02/1961)

Perhaps the two ZORRO tv episode compilation films THE SIGN OF ZORRO (1961) and ZORRO THE AVENGER (1962) could also be included (or failing that the still outstanding ELFEGO BACA segments).

At the very least let's get something positive started here! How about it Disney?! I'm sure that the late Walt Disney would certainly approve.

Jeff T.

John Stuart

Agent
Real Name
John Stuart
It seems the second season was released on France:
alapage . com/-/Fiche/DVDVideo/977940/zorro-saison-2-39-episodes-colorises-dans-un-coffret-de-6-dvd-.htm?fulltext=zorro&id=57661215677592&donnee_appel=ALAPAGE#characteristicsTech

Any chance both seasons will be released on Region 1?

Please check this out, about the first season:
billcotter . com/zorro/dvd.htm

Arild

Supporting Actor
Wow, only five years after season 1!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
I recall an episode that traumatized me as a kid...the one where Zorro is fighting the Commandante on the roof and gets unmasked by him ("Don DIEGO!!!") and the guy falls from the roof. (whew)

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
There is a rumor from Leonard Maltin that Zorro will be released as part of the Walt Disney Treasures Series in 2009. More about it in this thread.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The Disney Movie Club has now released all of Zorro Season Two colorized, in five volumes. Now onto a restored complete black and white version.

The rumor on a Zorro release as part of the next Walt Disney Treasures Wave in Nov 2009 seems solid according to the HTF posters on the movie board.

Speculation is leaning towards the last four hour long Zorro Walt Disney Presents episodes as being most likely to get the Treasure treatment.

But I'll speculate that the first Zorro Treasure could turn out to be the thirteen episode "Monastario Arc" that introduced the series. Would it be out of the question for the whole next treasure wave be three Zorro tins??

As Zorro was shown on the Disney Channel and the colorized DVDs, the full opening is missing. This original missing opening featured the announcer saying: "The Walt Disney Studio Presents Zorro...Starring Guy Williams" and Zorro then takes his cape away from his face and comes out of the shadows and cuts a white animated 'Z' in the air with his sword and twirls the 'Z" as it telescopes up into the camera. This opening can be seen on some of the Zorro VHS episode compilation editions. I hope this opening will be restored to all the episodes along with any bumpers and scenes for next week.

The good thing about Zorro finally coming out as a Treasure is that maybe they will do the same great restoration job as they did with Dr. Syn. If Zorro had been done sooner as a general release it would probably been an 'as is' release of the unrestored B&W episodes shown on the Disney Channel.

Zorro will do well,and hopefully that will lead to more fifties Disney live action adventure mini- series from Walt Disney Presents.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Seasons 1&2 are exclusive to the Disney Movie Club. So, you have to join the Disney Movie Club at:disneymovieclub.com
Once on the home page, clicking on the blue: "click here" takes you to a sign-up page. Put "Zorro" in the search engine. Now you can choose your titles and sign up if you think it's a good deal.

If you don't want to join the club and have a region 2 player Seasons 1 & 2 are also available from amazon.fr. (France)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks