What's new

Zorro SE: Why keep the 2nd Disc? (1 Viewer)

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
Disc 1 (widescreen/anamorphic) has All of the suppplements while Disc 2 (pan/scan) has just some of the features of Disc 1. My question to widescreen lovers is this: What are you going to do with that 2nd disc? Give it away to a WalMart shopper, use it for a coaster, use it to warm up the tubes of your projector? Just wondering... -MIKE

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I came very close to throwing out the second disk but I don't like to alter a DVD package but prefer to keep it original. With all this P&S crap going around, I may throw the P&S disk in a case of its own and sell the damned thing for a few dollars.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Waiting to give mine away to a new DVD owner in the family.
------------------
flag.jpg

The EC
The Entertainment Cave
"Remember, if you can't be polite to our guest you have to sit at the kiddies table."

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Disc 2 makes a lovely coaster for your beer while enjoying Disc 1.
smile.gif

I've already said this in another thread, but this release should have had a "superbits" transfer on Disc 1, all extras on Disc 2, and no P/S version at all. Now that would be a Special Edition.
[Edited last by Glenn Heberle on October 18, 2001 at 05:33 PM]

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator
Why keep the 2nd disc? Oh, I don't know. Maybe because........I paid for it?
rolleyes.gif

-S.D.
[Edited last by Shane Dodson on October 18, 2001 at 03:41 PM]

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
What did I do wih the second disc? The same thing I've done with the second useless disc on the 'American Pie' Ultimate Edition.
Absolutely nothing. Never even touched the damn thing.
[Edited last by Chad R on October 18, 2001 at 05:56 PM]

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I thought about giving it away, but I figured the P&S virus had spread far enough, and we are already having a hard enough time fighting this plague. Therefore, I have decided to keep the P&S disc quarantined in the case.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I've already said this in another thread, but this release should have had a "superbits" transfer on Disc 1, all extras on Disc 2, and no P/S version at all. Now that would be a Special Edition.
I agree with that!
I'll be keeping the 2nd disc this wonderful DVD, though.
smile.gif

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I accidentally played the second disk twice now because when I flipped open the case, that disk was in plain view and I reached for it.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
The LAST think I'd want to do to any friend of mine is give them a pan-and-scan DVD. I'll keep mine emprisoned in the case.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
"skeet shooting"
That's funny Mark. I was up at a guys weekend this past week and what did we do? Shoot skeet for a couple of hours. First time this "Johnny Canuck" ever fired a gun! Got 5/10 targets. God, my shoulder was killing me for a few hours after that. Why didn't I think of bringing up that Zorro Pan/Scan Disc 2? I'll bet I would have "bagged" it!

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, I've got a bad case of insomnia tonight. Why the hell else would I be posting this at 3 a.m.?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks