What's new

zoom feature different now (1 Viewer)

Ray S

Auditioning
i just picked up a new panasonic dvd player and the zoom just enlarges the entire picture. on my old toshiba sd-2800 i could zoom in on just a certain section of the screen. are there any players from any manufacturers that still offer this feature?.

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Usually you can use the arrow keys or number keys on the remote to move around a zoomed picture. Don't know specifically for that player though, it should be listed in the manual.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I haven't really tried to move the zoom image around on my S35, but off the top of my head (and w/ limited use so far), I'd say it's not possible. The zoom feature on this player seems to be designed for highly flexible aspect ratio control for regular viewing, not really for zooming in and checking out little details in different parts of the image--heck, it even offers pop-up labels(!) telling you what industry named scope each aspect ratio is(!). And while you're actively zooming (ie. changing the zoom ratio), the cursor buttons are used to do .01x increments.

OTOH, maybe if you pause the image in one of the zoom modes, it might let you move the image around. Also, maybe it'll let you move it after you've stopped changing the zoom ratio for a bit (and the zoom bar is gone), but I doubt it.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks