Zhang Yimou tells MiramAxe to shove it

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Chris_Morris, May 30, 2003.

1. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

2. Kirk Tsai

Kirk Tsai Screenwriter

Rejecting Miramax is nice, but I'm not sure about Zhang doing another super-production martial arts picture. Of course, I have not yet seen Hero...

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Let's hope other directors and/or producers join him in a revolution against Miramaxe until they change their policy, if that ever happens.

4. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

5. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    and if you have a projector or large format screen you owe it to yourself to NOT see a bootleg of this film as they look positively awful, and the visuals are important enough that the film was practically ruined for me by watching a projected bootleg.

I look forward to more from Zhang Yimou and would be ecstatic to see Hero on film as it is a positively gorgeous movie.

Adam

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

There are plenty of wonderful legit region 0 DVDs of Hero w/DTS tracks

Wonderful to hear about Miramaxe getting snuffed [​IMG]

7. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I'll have to look into that Jeff, just shows how little I really know about multi region (wasn't mine, I was at someone else's place and they were all proud about having it, but the enormous compression artifacts, haloing, ghosting and mediocre sound makes me think that they ended up with a bootleg and not a legit region zero dvd.

8. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

I can definitly say there are legit Region 0 DVDs of this film, because I own one. It looks and sounds great. Don't have the DTS version, tho. [​IMG] Maybe when the extended version comes out...

Jason

9. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

Yeah, I got a legit R0 dvd of Hero and was very happy with the quality of it. You can get it on ebay or various online retailers for less than $15. Of course, it is the kind of film that you want to see on the big screen, but it seems Miramax has been sitting on this one for a while so who knows if it'll ever even make it out of the festivals.