Zelda Pre-order question: How does it work?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Hey, everyone. I went on a search to find a copy of the pre-order disc tonight, because it seems to have become very rare. I found one behind the counter at Wal-Mart (don't think I was supposed to be back there). [​IMG] So...how exactly does this work? When I asked, no one at Wal-Mart had any idea what I was talking about. I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble applying this $10 toward Wind Waker. All I got was the disc and a receipt. Is there something inside the case, like a coupon or something? Just wondering. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Rob

2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I'm not sure how Walmart does it, but Best Buy rings it up two different ways if you're preordering as opposed to simply purchasing the disk, and gives you a coupon if you preorder.

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

There won't be anything inside the case.

4. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I'm afraid, Robert, that you may have just bought the "Free" bonus disc for $10.

I wouldn't count on being able to apply that towards Zelda...

5. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Go get the disc somewhere else that has the preorders under control and return it to Walmart to get your $10 back.

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Yeah, but HOLD ON TO IT until you find it somewhere else. $10 will be a small price compared to what you'll pay on eBay in the future.

7. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

I went back to Wal-Mart to see how I was supposed to redeem it, and they said I was supposed to get some kind of slip. I said I didn't get one, so I showed them my receipt, and they gave me one. Now I'm all set. I got my slip, my receipt, and the bonus disc. Is it officially out of print now, or what? Thanks for your responses.

Rob

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I actually see on Nintendo's site that you can order a Wind Waker bundle from them with OOT and a strategy guide. So, they're still out there. But, the site does say they are limited.

9. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

BEST BUY didn't give me any kind of coupon when I bought mine. They told me to be sure and hang on to the receipt because that is all that would be necessary to obtain the Windwaker game minus $15.

10. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

11. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

Thanks Matt, I just called BB and they confirmed exactly what you said before I read your post.
    Also they said they are keeping a number of discs aside to cover the pre-orders.