What's new

Zelda Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Are there any free shipping codes for EBGames.com? I'd like to order it online and have it shipped to me but I'm not gonna pay 6-8 dollars more for that. I was able to get Vice City at retail shipped one day air to me and I'm hoping I can do the same with this one. I can't even imagine right now what my schedule looks like next semester so I have no idea if I'd be able to get to the mall to pick up a preorder from a B&M.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm not yet 100% convinced that you get the bonus disc on February 16th. If that is the case, I'll be preordering at a brick-and-mortar location.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
There is some misinformation here.

The OFFICIAL preorder promotion starts on Feb. 16th; i.e. Nintendo will promote the deal with advertising, etc., around that date.

However, EB, having knowledge of the promotion beforehand, has decided to start taking their preorders early.

If you preorder from EB now, or from another store which is also running the promotion, you will recieve a special edition of LOZ:WW which includes LOZ:TOOT and URA Zelda on a bonus disc (just like the Japanese edition). You will recieve everything when the game finally ships in March; you will not recieve the bonus disc "early".

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I'm personally going to wait until the 16th to preorder at a B&M so I can walk away with the bonus disc in my hands... According to Planet Gamecube, Nintendo extended their promotion in Japan so that everyone who ordered the game by X date would be guaranteed a copy of the bonus disc, so I have confidence that Nintendo will meet demand stateside as well.

I'm very pleased that Nintendo is taking the time to bring Ura Zelda to the U.S., too, seeing as it was originally intended as a Japan-only release (they never got around to planning to release the 64DD over here, did they?). Even if it's just a few changed dungeons, it'll have the same Zelda 64 gameplay so I'll eat it up.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Bonus disc impressions from Planet Gamecube.
Ura Zelda gameplay differences:
As for the GameCube conversion, I’m quite pleased with the port’s quality. Progressive scan makes a big difference in these older games. The framerate is also much more stable than before; this upgrade becomes most apparent when walking around Kakariko Village, which was always chunky on the N64. Finally, the resolution has been increased for this port. While the difference isn’t jaw-dropping, OoT definitely looks cleaner than ever before. The colors also look brighter, but that’s probably due to my TV and video cables being far superior than what I played the original version on.
Frankly, Ura Zelda doesn't sound that interesting to me. If the US disc had only contained Ocarina, that would have been enough for me to pass on an import.
Nintendo has already stated there will be a second Zelda game for Gamecube. 10 bucks says there is a Majora's Mask bonus for it...

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like EB pulled the bonus info from the preorder page... maybe they jumped the gun too soon and the big N told them to take it down?

Louis-Olivier

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't make sense to ship the bonus disc early. Anyeone could pre-order the game and cancel it when they have receved the bonus disc.

I am sure EBworld have been told to remove the pre-order. I wouldn't be surprised if Majora's Mask is on the Bonus disc. Nintendol more system in the US I wonder if the bonus disc with zelda was the Big announcement that nintendo is going to make just before christmas?

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Looks like EB pulled the bonus info from the preorder page... maybe they jumped the gun too soon and the big N told them to take it down?
Thanks for posting that. I went back to EB and cancelled my order and gave that as the reason. I'll re-order when they re-post :)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm leaving my pre-order as-is. If things change, I have 3 months to cancel it.

-Dave

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Hello from EBgames.com!

Thanks for choosing us. Since you pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: The Wind
Waker from us we are writing to inform that you will also be receiving a
limited edition bonus offer. Nintendo has announced that they will be
releasing two fully playable Gamecube versions of previous Zelda games to
complement the release of The Wind Waker. The two titles will be the
Ocarina of Time, which was originally released for the N64, and the same
disk will also contain the Ocarina of Time Master Quest. The second title
is an updated release of the original N64 version which was never released
outside of Japan!

If you would like to receive this bonus offer when we ship The Wind Waker
(currently releasing on 3/24), you do not have to do anything further. We
will add it to your order and there will be no additional cost.

The bonus offer is set to be available on February 17th and we realize many
of our customers would like to receive it at that time. We will be happy to
send it to you on or near February 17th. If you choose this option you
will incur an additional $5 charge to cover the cost of shipping. You will
be charged shipping for The Wind Waker and the bonus disk at the time the
bonus disk ships. If you would like to receive the disk early, please
respond to this email with "Bonus Disk Early" in the subject line. We will
take care of the addition immediately and send a confirmation back to you.

Remember, if you do not mind waiting until the release of The Wind Waker to
receive your bonus disk, you do not need to respond. We will make the
addition to your order and there will be no additional charge.

Should you have any questions about this, please feel to include those in
your response. If you prefer, you can call us at 877-432-9675. Our hours
of operation are 8 am to Midnight, 7 days a week, Eastern Standard Time.

Best Regards,
EBgames.com Customer Service

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Get disk early, or wait until the release of the Wind Waker...hmmmm, which should I choose........EARLY!!!!! :D
-Dave (who keeps misreading the title as "The Wind Wanker")

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I just pre-ordered today from EBGames. I paid the extra fee and should get the bonus disc sometime in February. Very cool.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
GameSpot just did a story today about how the preorder campaign starts on Feb. 16. Preorder the game on that day and you get the Zelda disc.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Well I finally got a chance to check out Wind walker. I'm much more excited about this title now that I've seen it in action. There is so much more to this game than I had originally thought. When does the NA version get released again?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I never had an N64, so this is great news. I think I'll play Ocarina before I tackle Wind Waker.

I just wish something similar had been done with the new Mortal Kombat. I'd love to be able to play MK2 again.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Got my import copies of Zelda & the Bonus Disk today. Zelda really is excellent, just based on the little I've played so far. The gameplay just feels right and the graphics are probably the natural evolution of the series. Played a little of Ocarina. Graphics are nice & crisp. Haven't tried URA yet. As for the rest of the Bonus Disk, F-Zero looks great. The much ballyhoed Capcom 5 look interesting, but outside of RE:4, none of them look like they'll set the sales charts on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks