What's new

Zelda Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Romier, you typo'd again. Wink waker,huh?
Corrected.
Geez Dan, Im going to call you my own personal spellchecker:D
As far as the title. Its fine. The Wind Waker sounds good. I think if they would have changed things around a bit to maybe "The Waker of the Wind" it would have sounded more natural and a bit more "epic".
What matters most though is the game. Thats the important part and The Wind Waker will be "batoning" his little boat into my apartments harbor this coming February.;)

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Can the import be played in 100% english?
Highly, highly doubtful. You'll also need to mod your GC (or have someone mod it for you) to be able to play it on a US system.
I have e-mailed NCSX about the bonus disc status for the second shipment, and I'll post anything they reply with here for those that are interested. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Can the import be played in 100% english?
Considering none of the other Zelda games have had English language options in their Japanese releases (that I know of, go on, prove me wrong someone!), I highly doubt Nintendo will start with this one.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Considering none of the other Zelda games have had English language options in their Japanese releases (that I know of, go on, prove me wrong someone!), I highly doubt Nintendo will start with this one.
That's what I thought; I didn't remember any previous one with a language option. IF there was one, it probably would have been a chinese release.
Mods are no big deal, but I'll be waiting for the game in my native tongue. :)
EDIT: The Magic Box reports that 'Wind Waker' comes out here in February, not June.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Hello, unfortunately we closed preorders for the first shipment
of Zelda last week but a second shipment is expected within 1
week of the initial release.
We have not confirmed availability of the bonus disc in the second
shipment but we will update our customers once we have news.
-+-
Regards,
NCS, Inc
Web www.ncsx.com
Shop http://hh141.hiphip.com
FaQ www.ncsx.com/nicky_quick.htm
I don't doubt that Nintendo will do something special for the US release pre-orders, but it may not neccessarily be the exact same as what Japan gets. Zelda:OoT maybe, but I think ura-Zelda is slightly less likely (as it would require an entirely new translation/localization effort). If we do get them both though (or even something more!), I'd be ecstatic :D. I figure I might as well get the Japanese release with bonus material, then if we get the same material announced for the U.S. release, my Japanese copy goes up on eBay ;). I've contacted a few more import shops about their preorders, I'll let you all know if any confirm having the bonus material.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Quick... add some Zelda:MM, and OOT for good measure, take two and call me in the morning...

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Thanks Paul!,

I see progressive support mentioned there, that's great news.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
According to Planet Gamecube, the USA will get the Ocarina/Ura disc (with different trailers), and the game has been pushed to March 24, 2003.
And it looks like you have to preorder to get the bonus.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So you preorder the game and get the bonus disc a month before the actual game? Sounds good.

Is there a cutoff day for preorders? I might ask for a preorder of the game for Christmas.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
This is great because I had already sold my N64 by the time Zelda: OOT came out.

Here's my second chance! Thanks Nintendo!

Louis-Olivier

Stunt Coordinator
But Cameron, you will still miss Majora's Mask, which is an incredible playing sensation, particularly the first 24 hours!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think you have to preorder, then you get the disc before you get the game. It's sort of an incentive to preorder the game as early as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks