What's new

Zelda Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tip Jeffrey; I forgot about those, maybe I should get a GBA.
I agree Mogan, change is a very good thing to have. I guess I just don't see enough change in this new Zelda to get excited about it yet. Sure the look is completely different, but the game play looks identical to the N64 games and that’s what I wasn't fond of. Of course I can't be sure until I try it myself and see how it is.

Dean

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you haven't already, get a GameBoy Advance and buy yourself a copy of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. If you love the classic overhead angle of the older Zelda games, these two should more than satisfy you
But weren't those made by Capcom?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Under direction by Nintendo, Morgan. They're really rather good & definitely in the spirit of the SNES Zelda.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little curious about this "ura-Zelda" upgrade that they had planned for the 64DD that's now appearing on the compilation disc that's chipping with Zelda in Japan. Was this just an expansion to Ocarina of Time (and if so how big), a completely separate game, or was this what became Majora's mask?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
From what I had heard, it was a completely seperate game.
At least I hope it is. I never finished Ocarian on the N64, it would be great to get another chance to finish it. :)
Glen

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Whoa, this does look like it would take some getting used to. I've yet to be disappointed in a Zelda game though, and I loved Ocarina of time, and thought the game controls were great. I found none of the frustrations of moving the camera around as I did with Mario 64.

Chris

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
But weren't those made by Capcom?
Yes, they were made by Capcom, and they turned out to be wonderful games. Still not convinced? Then check out these reviews of Ages and Seasons over at IGN. If the text of those reviews don't convince you, the perfect 10s each game received might.
Trust me, they are worthy of the Legend of Zelda moniker in every regard.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I never said they were bad, just pointed out that they were made by Capcom.

There was also supposed to be 3 games (like three triangles in the Triforce) but they found making two games that linked together to be so difficult that 3 would be insane.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
How intimidating can the forces of evil be if a kid in diapers is going to stop them? Then....is the world really worth saving if the adults are such sissies that a 3 year old with a slingshot is showing them up?
Remember in the very first Zelda, Link was only 3-5 years old. Same with Link to the Past.
His age is irrelevant, gameplay is king.
Aside from the CD-i games, name one bad major Zelda game...

Didnt think anyone would say something. Nintendo is too damn smart to mess this up. I really think that when this comes out it will kick our asses. Remember Metroid Prime? People were pissed over everything about that game(first person, new american company making it) and it came and blew us away. Why? Because Nintendo knows their shit. They wont put out a major franchise game without a fine spit and hand polish it. Miamoyto is too smart to mess this one up.

I have complete and utter faith that this game will rock hard, and all the naysayers will be eating their words when this beaut is released.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I never said they were bad, just pointed out that they were made by Capcom.
You didn't say that directly, but you did imply it. More to the point you said, "But weren't those made by Capcom?" The "but" at the beginning of that sentence does suggest that because Capcom made it, in your mind, they won't be as good as what Nintendo could have made itself.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The "But..." was supposed to show that Nintendo didn't make them. True, they're still great, but Nintendo not making them has somewhat of an influence. Negligible, at best, though.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Shiggy just had a little Link. Its a boy and it shall be called:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
(snazzy title!)
Read the rest here:
Link gets a name
Its impossible to imagine after the influx of titles for the holidays but we will have Panzer Dragoon Orta, Devil May Cry 2 and The Legend of Zeld: The Wind Waker all in the span of two months. My god and I thought the that was supposed to be drought time!:)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The "But..." was supposed to show that Nintendo didn't make them. True, they're still great, but Nintendo not making them has somewhat of an influence. Negligible, at best, though.
Nonsense. They might have even been worse had Nintendo made them. Nintendo's shit can stink like anybody's, and some of their very best games in the last few years were not done in-house.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
I don't really like the title very much. Rather than simply translate the japanese into english they should also try to make it sound like an english phrase. It justs sounds too japanese. Hopefully they will change it by its release.

Dan B

Screenwriter
"Nintendo has announced that the official name for the upcoming GameCube Legend of Zelda game will be The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. In the game, players will once again take on the role of Link as he attempts to rescue his sister, who has been captured by an enormous bird. The title of the game refers directly to Link's ability to control the direction of the wind by conducting music with his baton..."
I'm sure it plays much better than that sounds. :)
Romier, you typo'd again. Wink waker,huh?

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Anyone have any idea where it's possible to preorder the Japanese release (w/ the Bonus Disc) online? :frowning:

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,

At this point I'd say put in an order at ncsx.com and pray that the second shipment contains the bonus disc. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm still betting the US release will contain the bonus disc.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Hmm...looked around some more and found this:
Some Slightly Revised Zelda Preorder Details
22-NOV-02
The Legend of Zelda is hitting Japan on December 12, and as we mentioned earlier, Nintendo's got a preorder bonus deal going that's sparked mass hysteria among import gamers and Zelda fanatics worldwide. Originally, if you wanted to get your hands on Nintendo's Ocarina of Time/Ura Zelda bonus game, you had to wake up very early on November 28 (the first day of preorders), go to a large electronics store, reserve Zelda, and hope that the store didn't run out of bonus discs. Now, though, in response to the enormous demand within Japan, Nintendo's loosened the reins a bit.
Now, instead of the original "first-come first-served" approach, Nintendo is simply giving the bonus disc to everyone who reserves Zelda in Japan. Exactly when you'll get the bonus disc is still up to you, though: Nintendo's still distributing limited quantities on the 28th, and you'll still have to wake up early in the morn if you want to be guaranteed a copy on that day. If you miss the first shipment, you'll have to wait until your store gets another box or two in; Nintendo has promised that all reserve customers will get the bonus disc by December 22 at the latest. So, basically, all you have to do is reserve Zelda in Japan (or ask an import shop to reserve it for you) between November 28 and December 12, and you're guaranteed the Ocarina disc. Whew.
Nintendo of America still hasn't said anything publicly about a U.S. version of this disc, so it'd behoove Zelda fans to keep a close eye on this Japanese deal for now.
Article
NCSX's second shipment arrives on the 18th...sounds like there might be a pretty good chance of getting the disc.
Seeing as how this title won't come over here (bonus or no bonus) until around June, iirc, this is definitely worth importing :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks