Zelda Compilation on its way

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jason Quillen, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

As you can see Here a Zelda compilation disc is coming.
    It includes the original legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
    The only bad news is that no one knows if the disc will be offered separately or just bundled with a new gamecube.

Either way, its about time we got this. Between this and the Mega Man compilation, I'm psyched for some old school gaming.

JQ

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

They should have included Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Either way, it's cool.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
  4. Jason Quillen

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

They better make it available outside the bundle or there will be many-a-pissed fan.

Heck, I will probably just buy another GameCube if they don't. [​IMG]

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I'll buy another Gamecube if they put out a see-thru dark blue one.....

I'll also buy a Zelda compilaton disc, Mario Kart disc (as long as it includes the original SNES version) and, of course, a Mario Bros disc.

7. Greg_S_H

Greg
    It's okay, Jason. That thread fell off a while back. [​IMG]

I want Majora's Mask on the Cube real bad. I hope it'll be sold separately, but I'd have to consider the "second Cube" route if not. They really shouldn't penalize the rest of us, though. I'm going to assume we'll be able to get it somehow.

8. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Anyone have any idea when this is coming out?

Thanks.

9. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I love Majora's Mask. Really underrated. It's a messier, funnier, more unruly game with lots more to do (Ocarina has a smoother and more linear story). This is good news.

The fact they are releasing Zelda I + II is better news than it seems. It means they won't be re-releasing it on GBA and charging us $30-a-pop.

steve

10. Jason Quillen

11. Greg_S_H

Greg
    I bought an N64 just for Majora's Mask, and I ended up playing through it twice in a row, with only a break of a week or two between playing. I've replayed epic games before, but not that quickly. It's usually years between plays. Which is to say, it's a wonderful game and my favorite of the Zelda games by far.

12. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I'll buy it if it comes out.

13. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

This is almost enough to get me to buy a Gamecube. What would be enough? The inclusion of Link's Awakening and the three games that were released on the CD-i...

14. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Andy;

Why on God's green earth would you want to own those CD-i games? Furthermore, why would those POS games motivate you to buy a GameCube?

15. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

You can play Link's Awakening DX on the gamecube through the GBA player. They won't include any Zelda game that can be played in this manner, I guarantee you.

This deal has me tempted to either buy a second gamecube, or find someone on my christmas list who wouldn't be offended by getting this package sans disc.

16. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Also, the CD-i games were said to have been REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. These games were not made with anyone from Nintendo on board. They were just licensed characters with BAD game designers.

17. RobBenton

RobBenton Stunt Coordinator

What is link's awakening? I doubt you will need to buy a second game cube.. you can easily find the ocarina of time bonus disc on ebay or half.com for very cheap.. you might have to wait a few months but you will probably be able to buy this disc the same way.

18. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Link's Awakening was the first Gameboy Zelda game. It was originally b&w, but was later released in color (as Link's Awakening DX) with some bonus features to take advantage of the then-new Color Gameboy's capabilities.

19. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Yes, I figure that any game already on Gameboy Advance will not be in a disc like this...

It's the same reason why we will never probably see a Mario Disc like this... Nintendo is making way too much money releasing them all for Gameboy Advance at $30 a piece... The Mario Advance series has sold very well...

Super Mario 3 comes out later this month... And yes, I will be paying the $30... I just love the game...

I have the Gameboy attachment for the Gamecube... It works well enough... It's great for Gameboy Advance games... Probably because they are 32 bit games... But, Gameboy Color and Gameboy games look like your playing the original Nintendo and Atari all over again...

20. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Is Link's Aeakening DX still for sale? I wouldn't mind picking that one up, along with the Oracle Games. This bundle, if true, would be enough to get me too buy a GC in addition to my roommate's. What the hell, I graduate in a few months anyway, it's a hundred bucks, and I'll need one afterwards. This is as good a reason to buy as any.