What's new

Man of Steel (2013) (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma
Interestingly enough Bomer tried out for SuperMan back in the day.
And I'm pretty sure Warner's refusal to cast him in the role is the reason that either Ratner or McG left the project.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, not sure if this guy, Joe Manganiello, can play both roles (Clark/Supes) equally well, and he's now 33 years old, but if you cleaned him up (he's already being pumping iron of late, currently on True Blood as Alcide), he'd look pretty good in the Superman suit (plus he's 6'5" tall too):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0542133/

56951df4_c1main.true.blood.jpg

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Howza bout Andy Whitfield? He's built, has piercing blue eyes, can act. His face isn't very Superman, but maybe it could be with black hair. Sadly, I don't know if they'd risk a franchise on a guy just beating cancer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whitefield is probably too short (5'11"), and too old (36) if you're going to want 3 films out of him. Plus he doesn't really look like the character.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
When I was watching The Social Network, I was thinking Armie Hammer could've been Captain America. But I think he'd also be great as Superman. He has the height and the build to play him. Plus it looks like he can act.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Wasnt he cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne about 2 years ago for Millers dead JLA film?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sorry. When I clicked on the thread, I was taken to Jose's post and didn't look back. And here I thought I was the scoop king of all time.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Zack Snyder directing a Supes movie?? Ohh, I think I just peed a little.

Is Armie Hammer the actor who played the Winklevoss twins? If so then he would make a decent Supes. I still can't believe that one actor played those two parts, I could have sworn they just hired twin brothers, the most convincing and utterly seamless digital effect I've seen in a long time.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Finally, a really inspired choice and how much underrated Synder is, he will deliver the action with energy which was sorely lacking in Singer's version. With Nolan's under control I'm sure this won't go astray that easily as the script is from the Nolan bros. and Goyer. Zack will make sure his version of Superman will throw some mighty punches!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wanted Darren Aronofsky to get a chance to direct the next Superman film. I'm not quite feeling it for the Snyder choice as director.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JonZ
Wasnt he cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne about 2 years ago for Millers dead JLA film?
Yup. They cast him and everyone thought it was a joke because they figured his name was too funny and that he was just another young pretty boy (I'm not blaming them, either, because I was dreading Miller's JLA movie and I love Miller's stuff usually).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I guess I'm in the negative camp. Zack Snyder wouldn't have been on my radar at all. We'll see, I thought this was somewhat terrible news, but it is what it is.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by mattCR
I guess I'm in the negative camp. Zack Snyder wouldn't have been on my radar at all. We'll see, I thought this was somewhat terrible news, but it is what it is.
I figure that any guy who can make a movie like Watchmen - which IMO defied the odds and was really good - deserves the benefit of the doubt that he can make this picture. With the Nolans involved, I'm even more encouraged.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It's been confirmed - Shia Saide LaBeouf is.... Superman. [bites fist]

Kidding but anythings possible nowadays. I still remember being gobsmacked at the headline "Beetlejuice actor picked to play Batman" I mean WTF?

I'm a big fan of 300 and Watchmen, and therefore interested to see Zack's take on Superman. Can it be any worse than Singer's effort?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
After the way that jerk dissed Speilberg and DeNiro, I hope he goes the way of Lindsey Lohan or Megan Fox. He really needs to put a foot in his mouth (literally).

Originally Posted by Steve Christou
It's been confirmed - Shia Saide LaBeouf is.... Superman. [bites fist]

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Sam Favate
I figure that any guy who can make a movie like Watchmen - which IMO defied the odds and was really good - deserves the benefit of the doubt that he can make this picture.
Same here. I didn't like Dawn Of The Dead or 300 but Watchmen certainly bought him some credibility with me. At the very least, he seems like a guy who will stay close to the source material rather than trying to make Superman 'dark and edgy'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks