What's new

Z2 Throw distance dilema (1 Viewer)

Al L

Agent
Hi,

I made some miscalculations with the throw distance of my Z2. Basically, where I had planned on mounting the PJ it's further than I thought and will result in a screen size of 120" diag, I had hoped to go to 106" at max. This is with the zoom at minimum. Unfortunetely, due to the layout of the ceiling in this room I cannot move the PJ any closer to reduce the image size.

The only way I can get the image size perfect is by switching to Full Through mode, this mode produces a smaller version of the image. This then allows me to zoom in and get the image size perfect at 100" wide. However, doing this produces a black border around the image which is quite distracting. Does anyone know how to make the black border darker or even if this is possible, maybe through a tweak or something?

The only other option I have is to go to a bigger screen such as a 120" diag screen. Since my viewing distance is only 13 foot, this might be too impractible.

Any help appreciated.

Brad E

Second Unit

Not to mention that you are losing a lot of resolution.
I think there is a lens you can get that will increase your throw distance. But a good quality lens is quite expensive. I really don't know anything about them though, you would have to check them out.

I think you would be better off just getting a longer throw projector. For example, the panasonic 700 can throw a 100" picture from 10' to 20' away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks