What's new

Yup, UV is still a joke (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I ran into a browser problem with one redemption -- the new release of Leon: The Professional. I could not redeem the code on either Vudu or MyUV using Firefox. I contacted customer support, and they suggested it may be a browser issue. I first tried IE, and could not even log onto MyUV. I then tried Chrome and was able to successfully redeem the code on MyUV (didn't try on Vudu).

I do not have that many UV titles -- less than 40. This was the only one that was an issue. I have no experience with Flixster, though.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Only slightly off topic, I've been accumulating Disney Bonus Points through Blu-Ray purchases for a long time. I haven't used any of them yet, because I've been aiming for 15,000 points, which would get me their top Bonus Points reward, a Disney tour for 4. So yesterday I get this email:

images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif
images_spacer.gif

Dear David,

Your 14256 points balance is scheduled to expire unless you take immediate action today. In order to keep your account active, you need to engage in activities to build your points balance (such as entering an eligible Magic Code or purchasing an eligible movie ticket) or redeem your points balance for rewards. Please refer to Sections E and F of the Disney Movie RewardsTerms and Conditions for details.

Isn't that extra-special? Use them in a month or lose them, or buy something else right now. The email is dated November 21, and they're giving me until December 21. That's 30 whole days. I'm 5 or 6 purchases away from reaching 15,000 points, but I haven't bought much Disney since "Mary Poppins" and "Saving Mr. Banks" (it's a good thing I haven't bought "Aladdin" or "Age Of Ultron" yet). I don't doubt that they can cancel my years' worth of their points, because like Digital Copies, they don't really exist, do they?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I got the same email. What's up with that ? They should never expire.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Got the same email so I ordered POTC:OST 3D and Bolt 3D. I think they're pushing us to a) use 'em; or b) buy more stuff to pump up our balances and c) use 'em [emoji12]

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Okay, this is bizarre. Something weird happened on my post above. It displays as "Sorry, content not available" in Tapatalk on the iPad. What the hell?

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Email received 9:39 PM yesterday:

images_header_04.jpg

Dear David,

On November 21, 2015, you may have inadvertently received an email from Disney Movie Rewards about points expiration. This email was sent in error. Please know that your account is currently active, and no action is needed from you at this time.

To ensure points on your account are current and active, please log into your account at www.DisneyMovieRewards.com and select "My DMR" from the navigation bar at the top of the page. For more information on how to keep your account and point balance active, be sure to review our Terms & Conditions, Section F.5.

If you still have questions or concerns, please visit DisneyStudiosHelp.com contact us via email, or call us at 866-246-8646 Monday through Friday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Central time. Please note we are closed for the holiday November 26-27, 2015.

Your Friends At,

Disney Movie Rewards

I guess the Disney email sender-bots have all been terminated with extreme prejudice, while the Disney email writer-bots are now working on demanding the return of all Disney physical copies that haven't been watched lately.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I got the same email too and then panicked and used them. Now I see it was all a mistake. Great.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Back to "UV is still a joke", when I tried to enter my UV code from the "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" Blu-Ray that I bought today, I got this message:

Flixster has encountered an unexpected problem. Help us improve your experience — please contact us.

Great, huh? Flixster technicians are helping me out now, after I emailed them scans of my code insert and receipt. It's so simple and convenient! I love UltraViolet!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
davidmatychuk said:
Back to "UV is still a joke", when I tried to enter my UV code from the "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" Blu-Ray that I bought today, I got this message:

Flixster has encountered an unexpected problem. Help us improve your experience — please contact us.

Great, huh? Flixster technicians are helping me out now, after I emailed them scans of my code insert and receipt. It's so simple and convenient! I love UltraViolet!

Hi David!

I wonder whether those Flixster Technicians are expecting a huge Christmas Bonus, ala Griswold? :P

When Ultraviolet fails, it's time to get "Physical!" :biggrin:

CHEERS! :)

Tony

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
davidmatychuk said:

The problem here is not with Ultraviolet. All they do is record your purchase. You need a better retailer.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
You can't redeem directly through Ultraviolet in Canada, and some Canadian codes don't work with VUDU. But once it's redeemed via Flixster, it shows up in your VUDU account, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks