What's new

YouTube RULES! Check out my stuff! (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Song: Sunday Bloody Sunday
Band: U2
Lyrics: Bono & The Edge
Performed by President George W. Bush :)

Enjoy.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, I finally posted a video on YouTube. It was more of a private joke at my workplace, but hopefully the humor translates to non-co-workers:

Watch the video before reading the explanation:

We were filming footage of the Meow-Mix cat mobile that would do promotions in Pet store parking lots...This woman comes walking up and, of course, the guys were all over her (asking questions) because of her huge chest. :D

She was talking with the guys (trying to figure out what the promotion was all about)...she wanted a t-shirt, so the guy asked if she had a cat. She responded (as you see in the video) "I don't have a cat; I'm from Texas".

It was the delivery (as well as the logic) that struck me SO damn funny. You could almost hear her thinking "DUH! How dumb are you!!! I'm from Texas! Why the hell would I have a cat???" :laugh:

I had that sound wav on my computer and anytime someone would say something stupid, I'd play the wav file. It eventually became my tag line to dumb moments. Instead "I pulled a Homer" - I'd say "I don't have a cat; I'm from Texas!!!".

Finally I decided to wrap a crazy intro, some wacky "Simpson-like" credits, and cool music around the clip and make it into a sort of spoof short film.

Basically, the goof is that the intro and credits are MUCH longer than the film itself. :D

Hope you liked it. :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Unless you own the rights for these clips, you have no right to distribute or broadcast them. Don't be surprised if they disappear as well.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
YouTube is the best thing ever. You would not believe the hours I have spent at work watching videos, or looking up old shows, or just finding random stuff.

For example - I think I posted about this before because I laughed at it, but remember that "stunner" clip? You Tube teaches me that apparently it is a whole series, since I found another one:

which i think is so interesting, the using of YouTube as kind of a public PSA thing. What will they come up with next.

PS. Bryan - That Natalie Portman rap thing is one of my all time favorite SNL moments. I have so much love for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks