What's new

Your Twilight Time/MGM wishlist? (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
edited list:

JEREMY
BEACH RED
RICH KIDS
CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER
BUSTING
THE LANDLORD
VIGILANTE FORCE
CALIFORNIA DREAMING
THOSE LIPS, THOSE EYES
RANCHO DELUXE
THE KILLER IS LOOSE
99 RIVER STREET
THE HONKERS
THE MECHANIC
SEMI-TOUGH
TOO LATE THE HERO

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Recorded this onto a DVD-R off of FMC several years ago. Still need to watch it.
Richard--W said:
attachicon.gif
WhenTheLegendsDie-1972-Fox.jpg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
JEREMY is an all-time favorite for me. It's always looked pretty rough, though, like it was blown up to 35mm from 16.
Jeffrey:K said:
Does MGM really have video rights to CONVOY?

JEREMY is a great choice, a forgotten gem.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Regarding WHEN THE LEGENDS DIE (1972)
Jon Hertzberg said:
Recorded this onto a DVD-R off of FMC several years ago. Still need to watch it.
Did FMC air the film widescreen and anamorphic?

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see a better transfer than the one from Hen's Tooth. Mylene Demongeot is a huge draw for me. For her, Steve Reeves sunk the entire Persian navy in GIANT OF MARATHON (1960).A "foreign" film I'd like to see legit is A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE (1957) by Sidney Lumet. That seems to have been a US/French co-production, and seems to be in some sort of rights quagmire. French ownership? The Arthur Miller estate?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
MGM controls United Artists, right? Twilight Time has a deal with MGM. Might Twilight Time consider releasing the United Artists 3-D film noir I THE JURY (1953)? photographed by John Alton himself? Audiences love this film when they see it in 3-D.

ITheJury-1953-UA-half.jpg

ITheJury-1953-UA-one.jpg

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Bob Furmanek has said several times that there are other rights issues with I The Jury - it's not under the current control of MGM but he can elaborate further perhaps.

SeanAx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean Axmaker
Moe Dickstein said:
Bob Furmanek has said several times that there are other rights issues with I The Jury - it's not under the current control of MGM but he can elaborate further perhaps.
Could be something similar to the Alan Ladd version of "The Great Gatsby" - the rights to the novel were limited to a limited amount of time. The rights need to be renegotiated for any theatrical revival or TV showings, and for any home video release, and that could be expensive.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
I would love for Twilight Time to release Ken Russell's The Music Lovers - it would make a divine Blu-Ray.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
RolandL said:
The Hallelujah Trail in the full Ultra Panavision 2.76:1 AR.

htpost1.jpg
Absolutely. I love this film. I had never seen it until I picked up the Laserdisc. At that time I was collecting anything on Laserdisc that was letterbox. I fell in love with it and was very disappointed the DVD was not anamorphic. But this is still a twice yearly viewing with friends.

Bring on a Blu-ray.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
What about the 1965 MGM John Sturges film The Satan Bug? Is there any chance that Twilight Time could release this on Blu-Ray? I would love to get this movie on Blu-Ray! The MOD DVD is not good. I would be happy with just a good anamorphic DVD release if they wouldn't want to do Blu-Ray. Anyone have any information about whether there are any plans by Twilight , MGMt, or some other company like Criterion or Shout to release The Satan Bug on a good Blu-Ray or a good anamorphic widescreen DVD or MOD?

Thanks!

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks