BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
"Nures, give me a SHTICKLE (sp) of flouride"

Dentist Whatley

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Stephanie T, George had that line. The best set up for a comedy episode ever. "You know....I was alone...." "Glamour?"

This is hard because alot of Seinfeld's humor is visual. Case in point, my favorite isn't so much the line, but the reaction to it.

From "The Hamptons" after Jerry, Elaine, and Kramer see George's girlfriend topless, the three guys are commenting on how great of a weekend it is (Kramer just came back with his stolen lobsters) and he blurts out "I saw Jane topless," after Jerry and Elaine agree not to mention it, Kramer spills the beans. The look on George's face is hilarious, and Jerry's reaction is pricelss.

Chris

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
"I could be in sports, I like sports. Maybe a Manager for a baseball team."
"That might be kinda hard to get"
"Oh, well maybe an announcer. I'd be good at that. You know how I always say those things during the games"
"Well yeh, but...they usually give those jobs to....people in broadcasting"
"Well that's really not fair"

"George is in very big trouble!"

"I think it moved"

It's hard to find a single line. Usually every skit is great.

Ok, why is this show still not out on DVD?

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Steve_Tk wrote (post #26):

Very true, but you may have stolen someone else's thunder. Bad move!

By the way, this thread needn't be just a "poll". You can always discuss the comic situations or the characters' personalities represented in your or others' favorite lines. I just thought that some of the greatest quotes from the show are the most hilarious because those are the ones that are hilarious even out of context.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
[...]

Kramer: "Yeah, then everybody is screaming because the driver, he's passed out because of all the commotion. The bus is out of control! So I grab him by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel... Now I'm driving the bus!"

George: "You're Batman."

Kramer: "Yeah, I am Batman. Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So, I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door with my foot at the next stop."
George: "You kept making all the stops?"
Kramer: "Well, people kept ringing the bell!"

[...]
The "You're Batman" line had me already roaring with laughter, at the end of the dialouge I must have passed out. One of the funniest moments (of countless funny ones) in Seinfeld.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
a) Because the production company and the distributor (Columbia Tri-Star Television?) are still making plenty of dough off of the syndication of the show.
I've never understood this reasoning. Does anybody know if there is hard evidence that a DVD release hurts the viewership, ratings, or sponsorship of a show in syndication? Has anyone seen any stats on "Friends" for example?

Oh well, what a great idea for a thread.

"Scerenity now!"

Peace,

DM

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
"Hello. My name is George Costanza. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

From "The Opposite," hands-down my absolute favorite Seinfeld episode.

Marc_F

Auditioning
"Newman, you wouldn't eat brocolli if it was deep fried in chocolate sauce."

From the Kenny Roger's Roaster episode. Then after Newman spits out the brocolli ...

"VILE WEED!"

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Here's one that depends on the delivery:

George's presentation on the subject of risk management at the very end of "THE FATIGUES"

Ovaltine. Why do they call it Ovaltine? [looks nervously ahead at the following pages of his notes]

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
There you were, treating your body like it was an amusement park!

George's mother, after catching George....(you know)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
One of my favorite riffs is when Kramer heads for Hollywood after he breaks "The Covenant of the Keys" and Jerry corners Newman in the hallway.

NEWMAN: Hello, boys.
JERRY: Hello, Newman.
NEWMAN: You lookin' for someone?
JERRY: Don't play coy with me, Newman, I'm not in the mood!
NEWMAN: Coy? I'm not being coy.
JERRY: Is he being coy?
GEORGE: Yeah, coy.
JERRY: You're being coy. Now where's Kramer, Newman?
NEWMAN: Who?
JERRY: Listen, Tiny, I wanna know where Kramer is and wanna know now!
NEWMAN: Alright, go ahead and hit me, Seinfeld. I got witnesses.
NEWMAN: You wanna know what happened to Kramer? I'll tell you what happened to Kramer. He was ticked off. About the keys. Yeah, that's right, about the keys. Thought he got a bad rap.
JERRY: Bad rap?
NEWMAN: Yeah. From you.
JERRY: Me?
NEWMAN: You heard me. So he packed a grip and split for the coast. La-La land. L.A.

I miss Newman!!!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Don't remember the episode title, but you'll all recognize this great line from guest star Teri Hatcher:

"They're real and they're spectacular!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks