What's new

Directors Your Favorite Baseball Movie? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
1.) A League Of Their Own
2.) Field Of Dreams
3.) Pride Of The Yankees
4.) Bang The Drum Slowly
5.) Eight Men Out
6.) Cobb
7.) The Natural
Yours? ........ :):):):):)

Andy_S

Second Unit
If only there were some kind of database of movies on the internet.... oh yeah! The Internet Movie Database! :)
Link Removed

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Another one I'm fond of is really a pretty awful film (acting and plot-wise) .... but a fun family outing nonetheless: 1962's "Safe At Home", with Mickey Mantle & Roger Maris playing themselves. Plus, toss in William Frawley as the clubhouse man.
The M&M boys could sure wallop the devil out of a baseball .... but their acting skills resemble that of a poorly-trained piece of granite!
I would wager to say that the ONLY ballplayer with fewer acting skills on screen would be Willie Mays.
Ever see the "Say-Hey" kid in a commercial/TV show/movie??
Holy Cow!! You'd think that just playing "yourself" wouldn't be so difficult! This makes me appreciate those people who make a living out of entertaining us with their acting craft!
If Willie Mays can seem like a hunk of cardboard playing Willie Mays .... then imagine how hard a job Tom Hanks, Robert DeNiro, and Sally Field (et al) have got. :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Aw, Andy, come on now! That's cheating!
I'd much rather hear the thoughts of YOU, the loyal HTF members, whose opinions are more valuable than all the oil in North Dakota! ;)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Pride of the Yankees

Bang the Drum Slowly

Field of Dreams

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks