What's new

Your Desert Island top 5 TV ON DVD List (1 Viewer)

David Levine

Supporting Actor
The Wire: IMO, the best show ever on television. Took the brilliance of Homicide and made it even better.

Deadwood: Redefined the Western. Out of this world production values, and I could listen to David Milch's dialogue forever.

The Twilight Zone: The most "rewatchable" show in the history of television. I will never turn off this show because "I've already seen this episode."

Twin Peaks: The first show that I experienced that made me realize the potential of television.

Scrubs: Because I need something lighthearted and fun for balance. Always amuses me and I care about the characters and their growth.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
My five would be:

1. The Fugitive
2. The Andy Griffith Show
3. The Twilight Zone
4. Gunsmoke
5. Have Gun Will Travel

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Brady Bunch
I Love Lucy
The Twilight Zone
The Flintstones
All in the Family (with Wonder Woman as an alternate)

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Heh. Scrubs was an impulse add because I wanted a comedy that I feel is rewatchable. I'm not sure it's what I'd go with, but my first 4 are set in stone.

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator
Taking into consideration my favorite shows, and also a consideration for # of episodes (after all, a desert island could be forever), I think I'd probably go with:

1) Monty Python's Flying Circus - no doubt this would be my #1 choice, as I can watch this over and over and never get bored (only 45 eps though)

2) Seinfeld - Another that can be (and has been) watched repeatedly. Plus, a larger volume of episodes and many special features to help pad out the time.

3) Simpsons - see Seinfeld above

4) Get Smart - see Simpsons above

5) I think for my 5th choice, I'd want there to be a show that I've never seen before and know nothing about included on my crashed airplane (assuming that's how I got on the island in the first place) in the hopes that I would discover a brand new show to me and find a show that I would never have seen had I not been in this situation. Taking a chance, I know, but if I don't like it, at least I have the 4 above... (okay, maybe I'd want Blackadder instead)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
A desert island with electricity, TV AND a DVD player? Seems too good to be true! I suspect that, were I to actually wind up on a desert island with DVD's, I'd use them as reflectors to attract a plane so I'd hope to only be stuck with ones I didn't mind losing.

However, since that's not in the spirit of the discussion, in no particular order:

1. Star Trek TOS
2. Twin Peaks
3. The Matt Groening Collection (The Simpsons & Futurama--yes, I know that's cheating)
4. The Lorne Michaels Collection (Saturday Night Live, Kids in the Hall)
5. South Park

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
What is this kill the classic tv lovers week, by giving them a stroke trying to pick only a certain #?. I had a hard enough time writing up my top 10 yesterday :)

CHiPs
Magnum, P.I.
Dallas
Star Trek: DS9
Remington Steele

I will leave it at 5 ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
1) Dark Shadows (1966-1971 series)
3) The Outer Limits (the original series)
3) Star Trek (the original series)
4) Gomer Pyle: U.S.M.C.
5) The Invaders

Thaellar

Agent
Real Name
Craig
The Fugitive
The Rifleman
Perry Mason
Hercules - The Legendary Journeys
Dick Van Dyke

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
1) Star Trek: TNG
2) Star Trek: Voyager
3) Gilligan's Island (of course!)
4) The Brady Bunch
5) Magnum P.I. (when it's complete)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Oooh, The Rifleman and The Brady Bunch are two that I'd have to bring along, esp. if my entire family was with me. It's a tough list to narrow down for sure, kind of like picking my all-time favorite albums in music.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
How would you find electricity and stuff to play them.

Mine are

Seinfeld
Friends
King of Queens
The Brady Bunch
Frasier

Thaellar

Agent
Real Name
Craig

Good point....that means Gilligan's Island would have to be one of the choices. I'm sure the professor could make an entertainment center out of some iron ore, coconuts and bamboo. :laugh:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Not a problem for me, as I'd just live in the Hatch. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks