What's new

Your Desert Island top 5 TV ON DVD List (1 Viewer)

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
I've recently gone on a purging of my 40 or so TV ON DVD series sets. Realising that alot of them I just won't ever get around to watching and other series sets of mine that I've watched once and won't likely watch again, I'm trying to whittle them down to 10 series sets and the task is pretty darn hard.I'm down to 20 thus far.
I wondering what 5 whole series sets you'd keep if you had to rid all your other TV on DVD sets. I haven't settled on mine totally yet but at this stage-and in no order mine are:
X-Files-all
ER.1-8
Deep Space Nine-all
Will & Grace-all
Farscape-all.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Twilight Zone
Star Trek TOS (Nostalgia)
Firefly
Kung Fu: especially season-1 (had to tweak the OAR guys!)
My Name is Earl

If I could go to six, The West Wing

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
This is really tough, but if we are going with completed series (or at least those that we know are going to be completed via already announced release dates) then I'm going with:

THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW
I LOVE LUCY
THE FLINTSTONES
THE ABBOTT & COSTELLO SHOW
THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW (one season left to be released, but we know it's coming)

If we were to include shows that haven't been completed, this list could change some. For instance, I might throw in "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Have Gun, Will Travel", or "The Naked City" if they were complete. And if "The Fugitive" were ever released, it would move to the top of my list immediately. Best show ever in my book!

Gary "if my wife and kids were with me I'd have to include 'Little House on the Prarie' and/or 'Road to Avonlea' to keep them entertained while I was out collecting coconuts" O.

P.S. I guess I should have included "Gilligan's Island" just on principle.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Assuming that all of these which aren't yet fully released will indeed be completed:

1 - La Femme Nikita
2 - Wings
3 - Frasier
4 - Moonlighting
5 - MacGyver / Dukes Of Hazzard / Starsky & Hutch - pick any one

I'd cry for having to abandon:

Silk Stalkings
Alien Nation (only one season - not enough 'volume' for Desert Island list inclusion)
Brisco (ditto - only one season)
The X-Files
The Stargates
Will & Grace
Hercules / Xena
Home Improvement
Monk
21 Jump Street
Renegade
The A-Team
Whichever 2 got bumped in #5 above

All choices are based on sheer enjoyment and re-watchability factor of the shows themselves...NOT intended as a comment on the quality of the releases.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
First of all I would never get rid of any of my TV Show DVDs because I love them all. But because this is just for "fun" here goes:

Who's the Boss?
The Nanny
Law & Order: SVU
Seinfeld
House

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
1. All In The Family
2. Arrested Development
3. M*A*S*H
4. Scrubs (I still can't believe I only recently discovered this show when Comedy Central began running it in sydication)
5. That 70s Show

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This is a tough question. I guess I would go with:

Babylon 5
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Family Guy
Futurama

There are a lot of sitcom series I like, but I wouldn't want to watch them over and over.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
This was actually a tougher task than I inititally thought since we're looking at series that have had full runs on DVD and most of my collecting is focused on the 50s through 70s where, more often than not, full series haven't been released. Anyhow, in terms of what I own, here goes . . .

Combat!
Danger Man (a/k/a Secret Agent)
The Outer Limits
Homicide: Life on the Streets (I made an exception and included this modern classic from the 90s, the last great show that I would consider to be "must see TV")
either Gerry Anderson's UFO or The Protectors

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Bewitched
I Love Lucy
Simpsons
Star Trek: The Next Generation
3rd Rock from the Sun

These are all picked because I watch them over and over.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I am doing this in order of importance. It is not necessarily my top 5 shows, I am taking how many episodes there are & other things in to consideration. It also assumes that the series' will be completed on DVD.

Friends
The Simpsons
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
The King Of Queens
Seinfeld

todd s

Senior HTF Member
-X-Files
-Star Trek(s)
-Twilight Zone
-Smallville
-Babylon 5

And since were on an deserted island......"Lost". :D

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
OK- here's my choices:
Dark Shadows- with 1225 episodes, it's a can't miss, and is on top of my list because there will never be another show like it! Barnabas lives!

The Forsyte Saga- the original, of course- you can keep the boring color remake. The first version (on B/W videotape) is still the best (and first!) miniseries ever made.

Gilligan's Island- what other show would be appropiate for a deserted island? Well, there's Survivor, but this show is a whole lot more fun anyway!

The Munsters- I wouldn't mind living at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, besides, they're a cool bunch of folks and a far more cohesive family unit than most TV families, even with "Spot" as a pet!

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.- one of the most original shows ever. I'm proud to say I watched it on Fox, and it still holds up- with many repeated viewings, I'm sure I will finally figure out the secret of that orb!

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

Boy, do we have similar taste in TV! Those are five great choices. But I could never leave my girl Veronica behind. And I think I would want to laugh once in a while, because hey, life on a desert island is going to be pretty bleak at times. So I'd want a comedy or two.

My choices:

Veronica Mars
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
Arrested Development

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Just five to choose from??? That's really hard especially for me since I have over 20 shows on DVD. Hmmm, I guess if I had to ....

I Love Lucy
Laverne & Shirley
Three's Company
Green Acres
The Brady Bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks