What's new

Your cut-off point for TV series which you don't want to own in their entirety (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hollywoodaholic said:
Any opinions on the best season of The Rockford Files? I've done Season Two and am ready to take another dip. Love the on location stuff.
I don't think there is a bad season of The Rockford Files

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
David Weicker said:
I don't think there is a bad season of The Rockford Files
So far, into Season Two of Maverick, I've found out there isn't a bad EPISODE. Garner had the magic touch. Doe it matter if you go through Rockford in order? Otherwise I'll just grab whatever the next used or sale season set and go from there.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hollywoodaholic said:
So far, into Season Two of Maverick, I've found out there isn't a bad EPISODE. Garner had the magic touch. Doe it matter if you go through Rockford in order? Otherwise I'll just grab whatever the next used or sale season set and go from there.
you can pick any season, any episode of Rockford. It generally doesn't matter what order you watch them in. Aside from Dennis' rank or a possible re-occurring character, there is very little to distinguish one season from another. Each episode is a self-contained masterpiece (well some are only - just good).

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
BobO'Link said:
Designing Women - Have S1 & S2 but haven't watched them yet. I've not seen the show in years so I really don't know how it will hold up. If I see a good price on further seasons I may purchase them but will probably hold off until I've watched those first 2 again. I recall it going downhill and becoming pretty much the same thing every week after the first few seasons.
Even casual fans should feel safe sticking with this show through the 5th season when original stars Delta Burke & Jean Smart left. They were subsequently replaced by multiple great comedic actresses but the quality of the series dropped dramatically. There are some fun moments after season 5 but they are few and far between and can be tedious and painful to get to. Even season 5 is weaker than the previous 4 so to be extra safe a cautious viewer could stop with season 4.

The first season is inconsistent but seasons 2 - 4 are can't miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks