What's new

Directors Your Biggest Pet Peeve (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Sirens on the radio are worse than horns. A honk simply inspires me to salute the sender with the finger while a siren puts me in wtf did I do this time.... mode :)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
A post that honestly answers some previous post's rhetorical question.

Hunter: How do blind people know when they are done wiping?

Clueless: Well, I have a very close friend who is blind and he told me...

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Brian L.: How do you feel on the subject of those "Stop 'n Shop discount cards"? I wasn't quite clear on that. :)

Carrol Jo

Grip
Inconsiderate neighbors who keep their (barking) dogs outside 24/7.

Thick-headedness, narrow-mindedness and fixed attitudes.

People who state opinion as fact - e.g., "That movie/song/concert was the worst piece of crap...blah blah blah" They really mean simply: "I hated it!" Same negative statement, but one is stated in objective terms, and the other in subjective terms.

People who overuse and mis-use figures-of-speech and common expressions, especially "as far as..." Every time I hear someone say "as far as _____" without capping off the subject with "is concerned" or "goes," it really lights my fuse... silly but true.

At work:

Lazy/unmotivated people.

People who are always 10 minutes late no matter how early or late the shift begins. One almost admires their consistency...

Finally, I'm probably most dismayed by my own failure to struggle with the endless petty preoccupations and faults I see in myself.

Jim J

Second Unit
I've seen alot about (grocery) stores, but not my peeve:
People with more items than requested in the 'express' lines. Happened to me tonight as a matter of fact. I had a 1/2 gallon of ice cream (for pregnant wife), lime (for my friday-night cocktail). Guy in front of me had 6 cans of tuna, 2 of this 3 of that 1 of this 2 of that 4 of this 1 of that, at least, in a 15 items or less aisle. I've had worse cases. I want to say to them: "So, which subject was it you failed in school? English?, or math?"

The other is the constant popular misuse of personal pronouns that is permeating everyday speech/correspondence, and the media.

John and myself were working on the project.
The project was completed by John and myself or
The project was completed by John and I

those are the mild examples I've heard recently.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
People who talk on their godforsaken cellphones in public to make themselves look important.
Blasphemy.
"This film has been modified to fit your screen."
People who have to watch every single reality show on TV - it's summer, do you really need to watch "American Juniors"? Go outside and barbecue or something.
More people worried about whether Ruben or Clay won than who was running in their local elections.
People who can't deal with the fact that some of us hated Lord of the Rings.
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are more famous than Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I hate it when someone ask why do you park so far away and walk. I say because I hate door dings. Then they say there is now sense in it. Then a arguement starts. I also don't like it when people don't take pride or take care of what they are blessed with. That includes everything.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
DVDs that come with a special heavy metal casing, and you end up ripping the inside plastic cover to shreds when you 'eventually' pull it out! grrrr. :angry:

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
People who ding your car with their door and don't even notice (or care) that they've done it.

Bird #! on my car.

Littering (especially when I see someone dump their trash out their car window).

People speeding through the park. It's the one place where I wouldn't mind a radar trap.

Radar traps anywhere else.

Two cars driving side by side on a two lane highway, thus preventing anyone from passing.

Bad drivers talking on their cell phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks