What's new

Your All-time favorite song (1 Viewer)

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I Want to Hold Your Hand by the Beatles, one of the songs that changed the direction of music in the early sixties, I never tire of hearing it.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Nothing gets me in the groove like Hall Street Jive by Marc Benno. That's the kind of funky, bluesy rock I like to move to. Really, the whole first side of Ambush is my fav album side....I have it on vinyl ans now CD too.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

Guys had so much fun sticking their fingers through the zipper and making lewd comments when the ore-ridge-anal album came out. I miss reflective covers too. I miss fold out amusemet parks like I put together out of my Firesign Theatre's LP one time. I remember smoking material made from the paper "poster" in Cheech & Chong's Big Bambou....they don't make 'em like that anymore, do they? How big a poster can you put in a CD? Answer, not big enough. Wouldn't that be something, CD's in full size LP sleeves.....nah, but wouldn't that be somethin'. Panorama Land 2000, here I come....."Hi, I'm the shortstop, it's either 6 to 9 or 9 to 6, who cares...."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I actually have a couple. One is a Portuguese psychedelic prog-rock album from the mid-'70s (I forget the name). Some boxed sets still come in LP-sized packaging (Pete Townshend's Lifehouse set, for one), but not too many anymore.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Yeah, Aron but did you get a cardboard amusement park with any of those? I forgot about those LP sized boxes. That's easy, I don't own a one. They're obscure at my house.....

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
"God Only Knows" - The Beach Boys.

Not sure why, I have some theories, there's just something about the way its arranged that really hits me. The lyrics are very lovey-dovey, but not at the same time, I mean "I may no always love you, but long as there are stars above you, you never need to doubt it, I'll make you so sure about it / God Only Knows what I'd be without you." And Carl's vocals, I mean, seriously one of the most beautiful vocals I've ever heard.

Second song: "With or Without You" - U2
I'm a sap for love songs.

lastly, "Be My Baby" - The Ronettes
Brian Wilson's favorite song, the catalyst for the Beach Boys follow up song "Don't Worry Baby", Phil Spector produced the hell out the song and made it a classic (despite the fact that he's crazy).

Those are my top three, it's far to hard to make up my mind, but "God Only Knows" is definitely my favorite of all time.

I could throw in a number of Beatles tunes too, but I've over stayed the topic. :)

PhilBoy

Second Unit

I've got the 'Sticky Fingers' LP framed up on the wall.

Does the zip work ? I thought it was only good for scratching the back of the 'Exile' cover. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Unfortunately, no amusement park. :)

Note that the Portuguese disc I mentioned actually came in an LP-type sleeve, not an LP-sized box like many older boxed sets did.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

It must be easy to put the CD up...just drop in a 12" sleeve, which is like blaying basketball with a baseball, then slip that in the cover, eh? How do ya put the disc in/out?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You know, I forget! If I remember I'll take a look at it when I get home. I think there's just a plastic tray with a hub mounted on the inside of the fold-out sleeve.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
how about a favorite song per decade?

70's: Little Willy by Sweet
80's: Kyrie by Mr. Mister
90's: To Be With You by Mr. Big

Just one song? Definitely KYRIE! Everytime I hear it, its like for the first time! I get the tingles from the excellent choruses during the finale of the song every time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No '00s? :)

Maybe At the End of the Day by Spock's Beard.

My all-time favorite, Natural Science, was on the album Permanent Waves, which came out on January 1, 1980. Does it count for both '70s and '80s? :)

'90s I'll have to think about. Maybe something from Images & Words (1992).

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

If hard-pressed, I'd have to say Swing, Swing by All-American Rejects

But since the 00's aren't over yet, it is too soon to tell.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

It sounds like it's a giant, economy sized Digipack...? I can well imagine it. I have LD's that came in big, ole digipacks.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Amazing to me how short lived this thread was and that I completely missed it when new. Was just wasting time on youtube and I'm going with this for today:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks