What's new

Your All-time favorite song (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I didn't plan on this thread costing me money! There are quite a few Fahey discs in my collection, but I did not have that cut. Ordered a CD that includes it overnight.
Really, thanks Jon...really. :)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Like everyone else, my favorite song changes regularly. But it has been this for probably a year or so: My Sweet Lord, by George Harrison.

Absolutely perfect in every way.

Jon

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That is the best song anyone has mentioned yet. It's kind of funny. A local Classic Rock station recently counted down the 103 best albums of all time. So, I asked myself, "what is the greatest ROCK album of all time?" I was surprised how quickly I decided. Close to the Edge.

Of course, I personally can't even comprehend the idea of having a "favorite song". I picked Ticking as a joke, because it is such a morbidly dark song.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
This has been my favorite song ever since I first heard it in January 2006:

"Biggest Star" by The Elected

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
As much as I like Aja, A Trick Of The Tail, Frampton Comes Alive, Boston's first, and so many others, Close To The Edge (and, to a slightly lesser extent, the Yes album) is just on a completely different level to me. Totaly different than anything I'd heard up 'till then. On a lighter note, how about "Don't Touch Me There!" by The Tubes. It's a hoot!

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Not sure who coined this line but picking your favorite song is like picking your favorite child.... just aint gonna happen !

(ok - it's easy for me since I only have 1 kid, but even then sometime she's not my favorite) :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"I've Never Been To Me" by Charlene. It's so liberating and empowering, especially on days like today.

Which, for posterity's sake, happened to be April 1. ;)

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
It used to be Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights but I've played it to death, so now it's...

Cat Power - Maybe Not

JordanS

Second Unit

seeing this performed live in chicago april 2006 could have been possibly the highlight of my entire life.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
In the early 80s, Pink Floyd played JFK stadium in Philly and opened with Echos. They hadn't visited Philly in over 10 years and the stadium sold out 80,000 seats. They estimated that 120,000 people showed up, so they didn't even collect the tickets at the door. I never saw that many people in one place before or since. They had 4 flood lights at the 4 corners of the stadium outside creating a pyramid over the stadium. I think it was the first concert that I went to that used "surround sound". Definitely one of the best shows I have ever been to and a highlight of my life also. I only saw them once after that in 92.
I haven't been keeping up with the touring much lately (kids and all that). In the last dvd I saw Gilmore was looking almost as old as my dad :eek:. I didn't know they were still touring.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I think mine's still "Don't Give Up", from Peter Gabriel's "So". It also features Kate Bush.
My favorite band is the Beatles, and I could pick a fave from them at any given moment, but I think I'd go with the above for a single song.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Off the Dark Side of the Moon album "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd - first heard it 1973 Paris - still the favourite.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Heaven, from Stop Making Sense (live, preferably the DVD) by the Talking Heads. For the moment, of course.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I remember seeing And You And I in a sheet music book -- it was a metal compilation! :)

Awesome tune.

BTW, screw disco -- I think we're proving that the '70s was as great a decade for music as it was for film.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Henry,
Glad I could help. Youll love the song. It can also be heard during the end credits of the film Dogfight, with River Phoenix and Lili Taylor. IMHO a very good movie. Worth checking out.

Also theres more than one version out there. I think the 64 and then he recorded it later. The rerecorded version, that appears on Anthology,is the version I prefer.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
JordanS,

Who did you see perform Pink Floyd's Echo's in April 2006?

I'm still trying to decide my favorite song. One from Pink Floyd, Rush or Kansas.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks