What's new

You voted and the results are in! (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Noach Kowalski said:
Two For the Road is not even second. What a joke.
I really wanted Two for the Road as well, but still very happy with the titles that Fox is releasing and their responsiveness.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
McLintock! is being released through Olive Films, so it's possible other Paramount-owned John Waynes might follow suit.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
kingofthejungle said:
The Koch Blu of The Last Sunset looks worse than my DVD of the film, so I guess it all depends on what the studio gives them.
You are right. I can't unequivocally praise Koch, but I would say on the whole they release quality product. Of course, the more we share our reviews here, the better we can judge, so keep them coming. :)

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
JoHud said:
McLintock! is being released through Olive Films, so it's possible other Paramount-owned John Waynes might follow suit.
I was hoping for genuine reference quality remasters from Warner. I'd be very disappointed to see them go to Olive and have inferior image and higher price.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
JoHud said:
McLintock is not necessarily a Paramount title but only leased from the Wayne Estate so it might not be part of the Warners agreement while the actual Wayne Paramount titles are. Lets also add DONAVAN'S REEF to the list of Paramount Wayne titles. While not a great title it is certainly better than THE UNDEFEATED that won in the Fox poll.

Lromero1396 said:
I was hoping for genuine reference quality remasters from Warner. I'd be very disappointed to see them go to Olive and have inferior image and higher price.
Some Olive releases are pretty nice, it depends on what kind of master they are provided. They are higher priced than the average general release.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
That's really cool of Fox Home Video to include both the winners AND the second-finish titles in their release schedule. But why wasn't Marilyn Monroe's "Bus Stop" included in the voting selection?!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Filmgazer
That's really cool of Fox Home Video to include both the winners AND the second-finish titles in their release schedule. But why wasn't Marilyn Monroe's "Bus Stop" included in the voting selection?!
No, only as a write-in candidate for some.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by JoHud
I'm pretty sure that the Paramount titles without Batjac being involve in the film is something that Warner is considering in releasing on BD.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAVALCADE!!!!!! YOU SHOULD SEE THE SMILE ON MY FACE TODAY!!!!
I personally voted for Cavalcade 14 TIMES each day for most of the contest.
Thanks to everyone else who voted for it, too!!!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
battlebeast said:
So now we know who to blame :D Although, more seriously, there's something very wrong with a poll which can be manipulated like that. All those separate votes every day aren't going to be converted into individual per vote sales and so Fox may not find it such a big seller as the votes would suggest, which would make Fox hesitant to run such a poll again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Douglas R
Originally Posted by battlebeast
So now we know who to blame

I think most of us here knew who was responsible...
Count me among those who are finally going to be happy to see Cavalcade.

Giovanni DN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Giovanni Di Natale
Great news on Mrs Nuir! My Fox wishlist for 2014: My Darling Clementine Kiss of Death Nightmare Alley Two For the Road War classics and please The Flight of the Phoenix original !

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
battlebeast said:
Wait. I did the same thing for Inferno (3D version) for the 1950's and it didn't win! I must have been doing something wrong.

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Adam, you obviously have a great and reliable sources at Fox. Any news regarding The Flight of the Phoenix (1965 )Blu-ray release? Twilight Time has mentioned on FB that it will likely will be released by Fox in near future. True?

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
It is very suprising to me at the slow pace of John Wayne titles being released on Blu-Ray. I am talking about his movies from the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's. I thought Wayne's movies were good sellers, especially as many times as they have been reissued on DVD. When you think of some of the movies from the 1950's, the 1960's and 1970's that Warner Brothers, Paramount, Fox, United Artists has released on Blu-Ray ahead of Wayne movies like Hatari, EL Dorado etc, it is suprising to me. Just look at some of the stuff Fox has released on Blu-Ray ahead of North To Alaska and The Undefeated which should have, in my opinion, been released years ago. So the recently released Wild River for example or Frank Sinatra's Von Ryan's Express are going to sell more Blu-Ray's than North To Alaska and The Undefeated.? In my opinion, I think North To Alaska and The Undefeated will sell more, yet the other titles are released first. Also, let me state that I am glad for fans of Wild River and Von Ryans Express that they have been released on Blu-Ray. It is nothing against them. Also, I know it had never been released on DVD before, but I was really suprised that Fox released The Barbarian And The Giesha on Blu-Ray ahead of North To Alaska and The Undefeated. I would think that both North To Alaska and The Undefeated will sell more Blu-Rays than The Barbarian And The Geisha. These are just my opinions, my selling predictions could be wrong Others can disagree. The studios will do what they want to. I just wish they would get on the ball and get John Wayne's movies out on Blu-Ray! For the Wayne movies released on Blu-Ray THANKS WARNERS, PARAMOUNT, FOX, AND UNITED ARTISTS! PLEASE RELEASE THE REST OF JOHN WAYNE MOVIES ON BLU-RAY SOON! THANKS! Robert

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I know what you mean. I voted for the stylish "Two for the Road" every day, to no avail -- since both of the John Wayne movies won the top two spots in the voting. Nothing against the Duke, but...more Audrey Hepburn on Blu-ray would be nice. I'm still frustrated as to why Paramount, which released "Funny Face" on Blu-ray in France (Region 2) last year, hasn't done the same in the U.S. (Region 1).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks