What's new

You heard about the newly-announced MoFi SACDs, right? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
IMO, MoFi is not real good about marketing their upcoming titles. If I hadn't stumbled on the Faith No More one, I never would have heard about it. I praise them for carrying the SACD torch but tsk, tsk guys!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
That Foghat title has me intrigued. The original CD release is fine, but very flat sounding.

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
I'd heard about the Crenshaw (interesting choice) and Gaye titles, but not the Foghat.

Gotta give MoFi credit, they are at least sticking in there and trying. And I'm happy to see more SACD, not just 24K

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I'm also glad to see more SACD.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Does anyone know if any of these are MCH? The packaging/description is not very precise (and since MoFi has released MCH SACDs, it's all the more irritating when they don't).

townsend

Agent
Real Name
Scott

My guess as well, judging from some of the more recent MOFIs (Santana "I" and Abraxas, e.g.).

It's one thing to "remaster" these from the original tapes, it's quite another to produce a new multi-channel mix. New MCH mixes are time-consuming and therefore expensive to produce, and many audiophiles still live in the stereo world when it comes to music listening.

I'd welcome MCH, but I've come to be satisifed with well-remastered stereo mixes that are well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks