What's new

Yet Another LD Comparison ? for Rachael B and others:) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
How does the cld-95 compare to the 704 and 79? I assume lower quality (and no ac-3), but how significant is the quality drop? Is it comparable or better than the 59/504/505/606/etc models?
Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
If memory serves me, the CLD-95 was a very buggy player. There were fixes made during the produiction run so that later produced copies are better than the older ones.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The first CLD-95's had a problem reading the start code on some LDs. They needed a sotware upgrade to fix the problem. I recently sold my CLD-95 because I got an HLD-X9. The 95 is just like a CLD-97 except: it lacks a coaxial digital output (only toslink), it's comb filter isn't very good, it's miles behind the 97's 2-D filter. However the 95's composite output is every bit as good as the 97's, me thinks. If you have a TV with a 3-D comb filter, the 95 will excel played into it. I'd say the 95's composite output is better than any of the players you mentioned. Back in 1992 it was a $2000 player. It looks like the 97 and weighs 38 lb's too. Best wishes from Laserland!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! "...in a democracy it don't matter how stupid you are you stille get an equal share..."
I survived the AFI top 100 Film Challenge! I've seen them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks