What's new

Yet another comparison question (1 Viewer)

Harlan

Agent
I always do this. Every time I pull the trigger on an AV purchase, I get buyer remorse. Can you guys help me with this. I own a Denon AVR 5700 but due to an unfortunate accident, had to replace it. Since I couldn't afford a 5800/5803, I decided on a 4802. My normal dealer played some games with me so I cancelled my order for the 4802 and ordered a Pioneer 47TX. Did I make a mistake? I'll be driving Atlantic Tech 350 THX speakers and will eventually upgrade to a seperate amp.

I'd appreciate any and all comments.

Harlan

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Sounds like you did fine. I do the same thing...but it's usually over where and how much...not the what. :frowning:
Listen up Harlan...I'll take 63 lbs of Elite any day. Relax...they are both quality pieces but you done good. :)

Harlan

Agent
Thank-you...I needed that. You should have seen my when I bought my Sharp 9000.

Harlan

JackS

Supporting Actor
Harlan- I like your choice and not because I beleive the Pioneer is better than the Denon but because the Pioneer is the New kid on the block. Assuming both are equal, I think 99% of us would agree that the Elites are the best looking receivers around. Had I been in your situation , I think I would have made the same choice. Not bad when you can purchase something that will satisfy your audio needs and at the same time, add a striking visual note to the equipment rack.

Harlan

Agent
You guys are great....I'll definitely post my impressions against the Denon AVR 5700 after I've had some time with the 47TX.

Harlan

Larry B

Screenwriter
I think the Denon has to be better than the Pioneer since 5700 is a larger number than 47! :)
Larry-always-pratical-B

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks