What's new

Yes! Rygar on PS2 (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Tecmo have confirmed a new Rygar game for the PS2...how cool!

"We can hardly contain our excitement," said John Inada, General Manager, Tecmo, Inc. "When the industry finally gets to see Rygar at E3, it will be blown away. We are confident that both old and young PlayStation 2 gamers will be extremely happy with Rygar."

Frank Tran

Agent
Rygar was one of my favorite games on the NES. It was one of those side scrolling action games ala Contra and Castlevania.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The Robot in Lapis was my favorite tool... If you jumped off the edge of the floating island and turned around just in time, you could respawn the Robot in no time and acheive max status quickly.
"It's 2 A.M. and time for the Monsters to Awaken..."
Joseph
------------------------
rygar.jpg

Link Removed

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
huh? i didnt know what rygar is, but if rygar is those screenshots...it was called red warlord. i like that game, the music was ultra cool. BRING IT ON!!!

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I also beat Rygar. A buddy of mine and myself spent the whole afternoon working through it 'back in the day.' Great game. I think I still have it, actually.

Nathan A

Second Unit
nnoooo! i was supposed to be the only one to beat rygar. ever. oh well, at least i'm one of only 3

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Of course you knew that the console games originated from the co-op arcarde game of the same name?
I beat that one. :)
Troy

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Some speculation on the new Rygar:

I hope they don't make it into a first person Turokesque adventure. I rather think that a camera/engine similar to Jak & Daxter would work nicely. Not with the cartoony graphics, of course.. but the 'majesty' only hinted at in the impressionistic 8 bit graphics of the original game could be realized rather well.

Or perhaps a graphical style similar to ICO?

Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks