YES !!! My quest is complete - almost

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DavidUL, Mar 4, 2007.

1. DavidUL

DavidUL Agent

Well a big thank you to those that pointed me in the right direction...

On thursday my ROTEL 1057 finally arrived !! Its only been a few days but OMG ! what a great sound.. here is the set up.. ,i'll post some pics once i can figure out how to...

PS3
    ROTEL RSX 1057
    PANAMAX M5100ex
    B&W 602s3 (L,R)
    B&W LCR 600 (CENTER)
    Straightwire Quartet speaker wire going to all 3 up front (Bi-wired)
    Monster M Series for all interconnects (digital, component, etc)

*Denon SUB (from a HTB set)
    *Toshiba SD TV
    *these items will be replaced after wedding in july [​IMG]

I am a loss for words when i say how good this sounds and its not even broken in yet.. i watched the presitge BD 2x and the sound and seperation is incredible.. but the music dvd's in my collection are stand out 2 that i can not get enough of are pink floyd pulse and roger waters live flesh.. WOW WEEEE !

2. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

Congrats David sounds like a sweet system [​IMG] (little biased considering I have a similar setup with the RSX-1067 and 7xB&W LCR 600 with a B&W ASW650 Sub)

If you like the sound now, wait till you upgrade your sub. Personally, I'm happy with the B&W sub but wonder if getting an SVS or HSU would have been better (and cheaper too!).

Enjoy.

3. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

no rears yet?

4. DavidUL

DavidUL Agent

i am actually using some denons from my HTiB for the rears.. and they dont sound that bad actully.. my plan is to in hopfully 6-9 month pick up the B&W 7's and move the 6's to the rear.. waiting on the new samsung or JVC lcd's to come out need a new TV really really Bad.. one step at a time..

BUT man things are sounding great right now.. watching rush 30th aniv DVD and is sound awesome...

on a side note though....

the imaging is sooooo good really dont need any rear speakers [​IMG]