What's new

yammi rx-v420 or kenwood vr-509 (1 Viewer)

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
which receiver would you chose. i have $550.00 CDN ($12.95 USD) and these two are the only interesting receivers in my price range here in Ottawa. I listen to about 60% movies, 40% music. i currently own an H/K avr-10. Any opinions would be most welcome as i am currently experiencing severe buyers anxiety. thanks alot.

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
The Kenwood sounds solid and the DD, DTS, DPL2 and SRS Circle Surround make it hard to beat. You will find both Yamaha and Kenwood fans, I think you should let your ears decide.

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Dale,
I would suggest you hold your purchase for about two months, new Yamaha receivers are coming up w/prologic II and other neat features.
-Vic ;)

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Dale,

I bought a Kenwood VR509 this past weekend, and so far have had no buyer's remorse . I think the Kenwood just has too much to offer to pass up at this price. Super video switching, component video switching, Prologic II, Circle Surround, ... etc. I also think the unit sounds great. I bought mine at the FutureShop in South Keys for $449 CDN. I have heard that other people have been able to get the VR509 even cheaper.

I cannot comment on the Yamaha as I have no experience with it.

Chris

Randy Prue

Stunt Coordinator
That Yamaha does not have ProLogic-II, which is very nice.

The Kenwood is very nice. I got it for $430. at Future Shop (it was on sale one week in November or December). It is very nice, plenty powerful, and a great value. The remote is very nice.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Given these 2 receivers, I would definitely go with the Kenwood! My bro in law has the Yamaha 420, and I much prefer my Kenwood, and so does he!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks