What's new

Yamaha YHT196 - Heating Problems - Please Help (1 Viewer)

Murali Krishnan

Auditioning
Real Name
Illuminatti
I got my Yamaha YHT196 installed at home yesterday. I played it for 2 hours and when i checked the receiver it got heated incredibly and looked like about to fire. Then I checked the manual, it was mentioned that there should some space around the receiver for the ventilation, so that receiver wouldn't get heat. Now in my home, I placed the receiver in a rack that's in my tv stand. There isn't much space around the receiver, hardly 2 or 3 centimeters.

Now my questions are, do i need take out the receiver and place it outside with the enough ventilation? Is that the space issue got my receiver heated heavily? Do you people ever faced this issue? And whats the ideal place to have my receiver at? Is there any fan kinda thing inside the receiver to cool it? Am so scared now.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Amps definitely generate a lot of heat and small spaces spaces can definitely cause problems. Soemtimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Usually, the space above the unit is more of a factor than the sides. If you have an inch or two above the unit, you might turn the tide with a fan, maybe something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Coolerguys-120x25mm-manual-control-CGAC1225L-BC/dp/B009DLW9RO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383227455&sr=8-1&keywords=CGAC1225L-BC

If you don't have clearance on top, then you definitely have to pull it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks