What's new

Yamaha YHT-160 (1 Viewer)

JoshRedline

Auditioning
Hey everyone!

I have asked a few questions regarding what HTIB I would buy, but I am finally ready to buy. I just bought a Panasonic S29 DVD player, and I want a HTIB without a DVD player. I am leaning toward the Yamaha YHT-160. I can get it for about $280. I have listened to this and the Onkyo HT-S580, and I have found that the Yamaha sounds better. It also seems to have more features and about 20 dsp soundfields. So what do you guys think? Should I go with the Yamaha, or should I go with Onkyo, or perhaps a higher end Yamaha/Onkyo. Keep in mind, that I would really like to keep within about 300 dollars though, and I am a teenager so I am choosing my system wisely for money isn't that abundant. Thanks! ;)

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I got my sister- n- law think the same one for xmas last year...or very similar model. Wasnt too bad. I did compare to the onkyo...and did go with the Yami..but that was my choice. you get the one you Liked the best. Both will do a good job.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yep, go with the one that sounded best for sure.

I can sense the excitement in your post. Let us know what you think, lots of people looking for decent products in this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks