What's new

Yamaha RXV665 Blu-Ray Audio settings?? (1 Viewer)

rivrbyte

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Yamaha RXV665 Blu-Ray Audio settings?? I have a Yamaha RX-V665 A/V receiver I purchased a few years ago. I have everything connected to this: My Samsung HDTV, Sony S350 BD Player, Time-Warner Set Top Box. I have a 6.1 Channel System. When I first set this up and played my first Blu-Ray movie, after the movie previews, which I think are either 720P, or 1080i, and the BD movie would begin, should it not be 1080P True HD? I noticed this receiver automatically changed from the 7-Ch. Enhancer mode to DTS, or another digital Dolby HD enhanced mode. Now for some reason when I start the BD movie, the 7-Ch. Enhancer mode would stay the same, even though before I start any BD movie, I'd always go to settings from the BD onscreen movie options, and choose the 5.1, or 6.1 Dolby English. With this 7-Ch. Enhancer, the sound effects are still ok, but am I missing something? On the Yamaha remote, when I press the surround decode button, it says "Not available." I guess what I'm asking is, what Audio setting should be used for all Blu-Ray movies for full HD effect, and should the Blu-Ray players automatically change audio settings when the BD is inserted? Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is more than one way to skin the cat... Lossless audio takes more processing speed and most AVR can either "decode the lossless" or "add a DSP". Not both. So, you have a choice. Let the BD player decode(setting it for "mix"/PCM) so you can use your DSP...or send the audio out bitstream and live with what the AVR chooses to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks