What's new

Yamaha RXV-1200 problem (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
I was watching tv today, and during the commercials I was listening to some music through the 6channel inputs (it's the only passthrough in this receiver). While I was watching tv, I noticed that there was a small amount of external noise coming through the speakers at a low level (I could only hear it during completely silent parts). I went right up to the speakers and noticed that what I was hearing was the music from my dvd player that was hooked up to the 6channel inputs.

I'm wondering if a small amount of cross-talk is common in a receiver like this, or if I should bring it in to get fixed, or try to get myself a new unit (my dealer is pretty good with problems such as these)??

Anyone else experience problems like these with their Yamaha receiver (or other)??

Arup

Stunt Coordinator
I have my CD player hooked up to my AZ-1 6ch inputs and I don't hear any cross talk whatsoever. Have your receiver checked by Yamaha.

Nick V

Second Unit
BTW, just in case anyone is wondering, it shouldn't be the cables that I'm using that are causing the problem. I'm using these ixos gold series interconnects from my RP-91 to the Yamaha's 6channel inputs, and an Acoustic Research Digital Coax. from my satellite receiver to my receiver.

I'll take it in sometime this week, and see what they can do. I hope I don't have to go too long without it!:angry:

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
IMO, I don't think you have any problem. There is crosstalk in ALL gear, even the Krell type stuff. Crosstalk is a result several things, some of which are how close some circuitry is to others, how strong certain signals are, along with how well isolated the circuitry is. Some listeners perceive crosstalk easier than others too.

Also, FWIW, some higher quality, highly rated cables are sometimes the poorest shielded ones. I personally am not familiar with your cables (and they may be shielded VERY well.) But cables, and the way they are located/oriented next to your equipment, are certainly one means of introducing crosstalk (via radio frequencies.)

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, just checked out your link and am curious how you like the Rotel and the Yamaha together? Did you add the amp after owning the 1200 for a while, and if so, how significant of a difference did it make?

Nick V

Second Unit
Rob, I did own the Yamaha before I bought the Rotel, and it was a nice upgrade.

Before I added the amp, I felt that when I turned music up fairly loud with my speakers set to large, I was getting slightly grainy/bright sound. When I was demoing amps I felt I needed something that would tone the brightness of the Yamaha down, and the Parasound HCA-1000 and Rotel RB-1070 amps were the best for me. The Parasound was a couple hundred more expensive so I went with the Rotel.

After adding the Rotel, I can turn my music up quite a bit louder without the brightness and edgyness like I had before. The whole presentation is slightly warmer. The soundstage seemed to open up a bit, and bass is a bit stronger/tighter. These changes were more subtle than dramatic, but IMO it was money well spent.

For HT on the other hand, with all speakers set to small and my Mirage BPS-400 doing a LOT of the work, these differences were negligable. I don't know if I'd be able to tell the difference before and after the amp.

I'm planning on adding a Rotel RMB-1075 or 1095 to my system shortly, then getting rid of the Yamaha and buying a Rotel RSP-1066. The Rotel amp improved my 2ch. stereo listening, but it's still slightly lacking, so hopefully that improvement will make even more difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks