What's new

Yamaha RX-V750 (1 Viewer)

justinDreyer

Auditioning
I am in the process of upgrading by surround sound. I dont have a awesome ear for it. I just want a good clear sounding system for movies. I came across a new Yamaha RX-V750 for 50% off, so i jumped on it. Should I return it and how much does that infleunce my speaker selection. I have a small room but want to buy for a big one because I will move or build soon. I am looking at spending around $1,000 for speakers. Is this a good receiver and regarding speakers :

Is anything above 5.1 worth it ?

If there is room are towers better then bookshelves ?

Shoud I buy from store or online?

I read a few threads regarding suggestions in that price range and there were 1,000 different opinions so I think Ill just go and listen concerning brands

Thanks guys I am getting back from Iraq and have been out of home audio a while

Jason->D

Stunt Coordinator
i've got the same receiver, it's served me well this far and will continue to do so until i get the cash to eventually go seperates but that won't be for a long time :)

Jason->D

Stunt Coordinator
processor and amp is seperate as opposed to a single unit, heh everyone starts somewhere i only made the plunge a few months ago but the more reading you do the more you learn (and want to spend money upgrading :) )

justinDreyer

Auditioning
Ok that makes sense. Ill stick with what I got now if the Yamaha is a good receiver.I am upgrading from a $300 box system but I want to keep the price around 1500 for this system, got to get a TV too!!!!!!!! haha

What about the speaker ?'s from my 1st post and should I make sure all of them are the same kind like in a package deal and if so does the sub need to be the same ?

Thanks guys !!!!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The Yamaha 750 is a good sounding receiver. I don't think Yamaha had the full version of YPAO with it, though. The levels and distance should be automatically adjusted via the setup microphone, but the parametric EQ portion doesn't exist. Yamaha did put the parametric EQ into the newer 757, though.

But, for the price you paid, I'd consider the deal you got a fine one. The 750 features a real aluminum volume knob and a few other cosmetic enhancements that the lower-level models didn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks