What's new

Yamaha rx-v650 or rx-v750 (1 Viewer)

Matt+H

Grip
Is it worth the extra hundred bucks to get the rx-v750?

The main difference is in the VIDEO-UP CONVERSION
RX-v750 UP TO COMPONENT
rx-v650 UP TO S-VIDEO

I am not sure exactly what this means. Could someone also explain? What would you buy when trying to stay as close to a $500 budget as possible?

Mark H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hyland
Component video is a significant improvement over S-Video when it comes to transferring video - the 750 will therefore convert composite/S-Video up to component, which means simply one video cable only to be sent to your display device from the amp. The 750 also has a little more power and a phono input for turntable. Personally I would go for the 750 over 650. Remote control is also better!

Mike_Mc

Grip
Wayne, are you no longer impressed with your 5760? If so, is that due to the lackof "P" in YPAO?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

Actually, I still like my 5760. Now that there is a sufficient supply of Yamaha receivers in the market, I would tend to steer more people towards the 5790, 1400 or 2400. Spending a few extra $$, could mean that the parametric EQ could enhance the sound enough that some people could improve the sound of their speakers enough that they could be content with them. In the end, this would result in a savings of $$.

From week-to-week, I do toy with the idea of going for one of the other models of Yamaha receivers - just to see how effective the parametric EQ would be in my situation. Then again, I've had like 5 new receivers in a little over two years, so the wifey would definately question my decisions in this case. Fortunately, those thoughts go away as quick as they come.

Mike_Mc

Grip
Thanks, Wayne. I've narrowed my choice down to the 5760, but I am still waiting on more info on the new Denon receivers.

Phil Volk

Grip
Then again, I've had like 5 new receivers in a little over two years, so the wifey would definately question my decisions in this case. Fortunately, those thoughts go away as quick as they come.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wow! What has been your overall net investment?
Have you ever thought of buying something a little better right from the start? which units have you had?

Porter

Grip
I'm about to get the 5760 because I don't use turntables, and I don't need the power. The "P" would be nice but oh well.

Anyways the video up conversion isn't a big deal if you just hook your dvd player up straight to your tv and not through your receiver then theres no difference

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks